Shoulder belts

-

Jarlaxle

Reaction score
Looking at a 73 Duster...it has only lap belts. There is no indication there were ever shoulder belts. I thought A bodies got them long before 73. What am I missing?

In '70 Dusters the shoulder belts were attached and stored with clips on the headliner over the side windows...I believe that was the first year for shoulder belts and that arrangement lasted a couple of years IIRC.

In '70 Dusters the shoulder belts were attached and stored with clips on the headliner over the side windows...I believe that was the first year for shoulder belts and that arrangement lasted a couple of years IIRC.
Then I'm very confused. I just looked at a 73 Duster, and there is no sign of them. No headliner marks, no mounting location, and the lap belt buckles don't have the "pin" for the sash belt. (I remember those from my grandmother's car.)

Well...the mounts have to be there. Guess I might be ebay shopping. (At least that will be easier to ship than a car...)

my 69 formula S has the clip shoulder belts above the window and my 73 roadrunner had them too

Mystery solved! It looks like there are REAR lap belts (with retractors) installed in the front. Borrowing a magnifying glass, I found the perforations in the headliner, and the shoulder bely mounts seem to be intact.

73 "I believe" should have the one piece belts IE you string it over you and buckle just one latch

My 74 Scamp has them. Great big retractor mounted down on the sill right behind the door. Goes up to some sort of loop, you just pull 'er down and buckle.

-
Back