Show in Florence Az Today

-

Jim Kueneman

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Took the 66 Valiant. 275 mile round trip with my buddy with his 66 Satellite Hemi. Great day.

5C3688EB-E28B-4935-B7E0-898B21B24936.jpeg

828E6A81-644A-4A42-A0B5-530A523530CD.jpeg

F6C1AE17-139E-4239-B736-0453648D1BC1.jpeg

248BFABE-918B-43A8-9B7B-224DE60D63B3.jpeg

ED6691C1-6E9A-4585-87D1-882BD34819F8.jpeg

5D29A1BF-3AFA-40BC-8267-EEFCD4ECBAFB.jpeg

Looks like a nice get-together. Florence is a 398 mile. round trip from Lake Havasu, but I would like to visit the area. Hope to get my convertible where I can feel comfortable taking it on a trip like that in the next couple of years. We are planning a trip to Bisbee with our travel tailer sometime this year, and I would like to see your car if you’re willing. I’ll let you know when we are down that way and try to work something out if it’s ok with you.

Looks like a nice get-together. Florence is a 398 mile. round trip from Lake Havasu, but I would like to visit the area. Hope to get my convertible where I can feel comfortable taking it on a trip like that in the next couple of years. We are planning a trip to Bisbee with our travel tailer sometime this year, and I would like to see your car if you’re willing. I’ll let you know when we are down that way and try to work something out if it’s ok with you.

Sure let me know when

Hope you guys can make it out to Spring Fling.

I would like to. Picked up a limited-slip 7.25 rear end a couple of years ago. Just have to see how our schedule goes in the next month or so. Won’t be driving the convertible there for a couple of years yet, but would like to. If it was as nice as Jim’s Valiant I’d be going for sure, just to show it off. The Valiants have been under-appreciated for a long time, but I think that’s changing.

I would like to. Picked up a limited-slip 7.25 rear end a couple of years ago. Just have to see how our schedule goes in the next month or so. Won’t be driving the convertible there for a couple of years yet, but would like to. If it was as nice as Jim’s Valiant I’d be going for sure, just to show it off. The Valiants have been under-appreciated for a long time, but I think that’s changing.

I know 6869gtx with the black 66 Hemi Satellite is thinking about it. He was going to check if others near him would caravan or share gas I think.

I don’t have a way of of getting the Valiant out there. I could drive it but those old cars both A and B bodies kill my knees with the seating position. And I have no interest in driving it 100+ miles through the basin freeway system. They are for 2 lane open road cruising!

Last edited:
Carpool with friends, split gas, bring home cool parts from swap meet.

Can’t blame you for that. My partner has a friend who lives in Encino and we stay there when we visit. The traffic really sucks!

Can’t blame you for that. My partner has a friend who lives in Encino and we stay there when we visit. The traffic really sucks!

Our friend we visit is on Santa Clara... that is ALL the way across pulse more!

Bummer. Get better. Plan to be at the HEMI show with Bill as well
I’ll be there in my 52. I took the 66 last year. I’m trying not to drive it as much since I promised the motor to the guy I got the car from. The original 273 is being done as we speak.

You guys still have the car show in the spring?

Was this the Florence show where they shut down main street ? Sorry I missed it. Went last year and had a great time. I liked the location and variety of cars that showed.

-
Back