Show me your Black hoods.

-

mopar madness

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm in the process of restoring a 72 scamp, and was thinking of blacking out the hood. The color combo will be sassy grass green and black vinyl top.

Thanks,
A Body's :finga::finga::finga:

Holly crap no wonder no one has replied, i'm flipping every one off, i was thinking that was the thumbs up. Sorry about that guys.

Not sassy grass but is green.
Used Rustoleum roll on truck bed coating for the hood but used spray on for the scoop. Gives an awesome texture and bullet proof coating:burnout:

Attachments

• IMG_0341.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_0363.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_0362.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_0361.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG_0359.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 274
  • IMG_0346.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_0344.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 278
Does this black hood count ? :)

Attachments

• Cruisin Oct 2011 005.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 258
rustoleum flat black straight out of a can. used 2 cans, went on killer and virtually zero tiger stripes, yes , its a charger lol

Attachments

• rb208.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 256
How's this?

bb8_002.jpg

well, I personally like blacked out hoods...... reminds me off the herd of AAR and TA's I had back in the 80's. just for info, Mopar used a textured black, called " organosol". I read somewhere where it can be found but is stupid expensive! now days...????? used to get it mixed at local PPG paint store way abck then......

Here are a couple pics of my Duster. I think blacked out hoods on mopars rock!!

Attachments

• moparfest 006 (Copy).jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 230
  • moparfest 007 (Copy).jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 205
here is my duster from a while back. this one is rustoleum semi gloss block, personally I think the flat goes on much nicer

Attachments

• d414.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 215
Yea its a single stage satin black from my local Rural King with their hardener and reducer. Hell its already oxidized after 2 months. Im gonna base/clear it when I redo my car.

Hate black hoods on cars, unless the black continues on up to the windshield. I think it looks much better that way.

well, I personally like blacked out hoods...... reminds me off the herd of AAR and TA's I had back in the 80's. just for info, Mopar used a textured black, called " organosol". I read somewhere where it can be found but is stupid expensive! now days...????? used to get it mixed at local PPG paint store way abck then......
Thanks for adding I didn't know that.

-
Back