show me your early A!

-
One more picture here of my '65 Barracuda in full race mode in September 2002 at Richmond VA. If it looks a little funny, it's because this picture was photographed off a T-shirt. My wife asked a paid photographer to shoot it (for a T-shirt) but she never got the actual photo. It ran a best of 10.81 at 127 mph in those days and hasn't been back to the track since.

Attachments

• 65 CUDA off the line 2 edited.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 1,421
Here are my SUSI

l.jpg

l.jpg

431997_350660395008360_184457396_n.jpg

She needs a bit of work especially around the torsion bars but nothing I can't fix.

Attachments

• DSCN0153.JPG
    162.9 KB · Views: 1,359
  • IMG_0109.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 1,334
  • DSCN0165.JPG
    154.9 KB · Views: 1,365
Here is my newest addition, 63 Valiant 200 . Last registered in '84, been sitting since from what I can tell. Plans for now is to clean it up, see if the motor is any good, and make it a reliable car to drive around as I tinker on it. Ive really been itching to build a mild turbo slant and she looks like the perfect for that down the road.. :evil4:

Attachments

• IMAG0102.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 1,303
  • IMAG0103.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 1,241
One more picture here of my '65 Barracuda in full race mode in September 2002 at Richmond VA. If it looks a little funny, it's because this picture was photographed off a T-shirt. My wife asked a paid photographer to shoot it (for a T-shirt) but she never got the actual photo. It ran a best of 10.81 at 127 mph in those days and hasn't been back to the track since.

thats beautiful

Here is my newest addition, 63 Valiant 200 . Last registered in '84, been sitting since from what I can tell. Plans for now is to clean it up, see if the motor is any good, and make it a reliable car to drive around as I tinker on it. Ive really been itching to build a mild turbo slant and she looks like the perfect for that down the road.. :evil4:

solid car to start with thats for sure

whos suspension parts are those pictured ?

Summit racing
Steering boxs 16:1
1 1/8 & 3/4 sway bars
Also got 12" slot and drilled rotors

Firm Feel
Strut bars
A-arms
Also aluminium tire rod sleeves
Pads & shoes

PST
2" drop spindles
1.04" torsion bars

I love that Southwest sun-dried patina! Good sleeper material.
Put a hot drive train in it but don't touch the exterior.

I love that Southwest sun-dried patina! Good sleeper material.
Put a hot drive train in it but don't touch the exterior.

This car will be staying a slant six, eventually to be built up into what probably will turn out to be a turbo car. I've always wanted to build one. I'm thinkin dark tinted windows, newer style bucket seats, and making it a reliable driver for now.

Here is my 64 Barracuda :hello2:

Sold my 71 Dart a few weeks ago, to buy this 1964 Barracuda with a 273 Commando and a TF 727. A few things to do this winter, but it`s a beautyful car and another nice early Barracuda here in germany ;o)

pick`n up the car in Stuttgart

aq2xytre.jpg

My wife did a good job on the seats of our parts car

c82yk7na.jpg

First meeting with other B`cudas in germay

qqy6xxyf.jpg

Sold the rest of the parts car to a friend

aejbttem.jpg

t5zyr9hf.jpg

8beks4nl.jpg

nj6smez4.jpg

h36cfo6m.jpg

here's a few pics.....
higgs

Attachments

• Picture 224.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 1,021
  • Picture 210.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 1,014
  • Picture 132.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 1,002
  • Picture 146.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 1,030
  • Picture 045.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 1,017
  • Picture 090.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 999
try this again

Hey Ohio joe, I'm building a 65 conv and I see the way your rear end looks and it's bad ***. I just got finished mini tubbing mine and I shortened the A body 8.75 another 2 inches on each side. My question is how's your rear end set up and what's the back spacing on your rear rims? Looks sick man. All the info would help so I can get the rears ordered.

That is for sure a good looking car you got there. And it's fast too!
Thanks 65DartCharger,lots of work and trial & error over the years.The car ran great all season(with about 140 passes).Now put away in the garage for some upgrades for next season.
Transbrake and Cheetah shifter
Fuel cell
For some reason I enjoy working on the car when its -20 outside.LOL:violent1:

gtmopar,rear spacing on rear wheels are 4". wheels are 15x15 with 29.5x3.5x15 M/ T slicks. It has a 4 link with Afco double adj schocks.car runs 10.80s.l guess u can tell its strickly a drag car.i would post more pics but have a bad time getting them on here.

Jerry, WTF! September 2002???????? Man do you want me to come back and turn the wrenches for you? Focus man, Focus!

Jerry, WTF! September 2002???????? Man do you want me to come back and turn the wrenches for you? Focus man, Focus!

That might help. How soon can you be here? LOL : ) I'm working on my junk now! We'll see. BTW, got hooked on pettybludart's '66 Dart thread. Reminds me not only of the '66 Dart I had in high school but my '65 Barracuda as well.

-
Back