show me your early A!

-
Dave, i dont think there are too many differences. taillite lenses, dash and gauges, grill maybe some emblems?

Not many differences at all besides the ones you listed. Only other thing that was an option was the marker lights on the front fenders. I almost bought a complete Barracuda dash but decided not to since mine was in really good shape. I really like the front grill on the Barracuda. I'll run my Valiant grill until I get a near perfect or restored Barracuda grill. More or less mine will be like the Mexican Acapulco Valiant you read about but never see.

A 1966 Barracuda convertible can be done. Check it out. My project when finished.

Daves66-Final1024x768.jpg

That has to be 101 in this pic right? Ive been on it in the northern most parts of cali and all the way up through Oregon and into washington. Very awsome drive, my goal is to go back there again someday with my 64 when its done.

65 valiant very KOOL where in illinois????i use to live there and i still have mopar friends there,, iwas out side chicago,,

Bob,

Thanks, the wheels are 15X6 Torquethrust w/205/65/15 front
15X7 w/3.75 bs w/235/60/15 radials rear. No rubbing have approx 1/2" clearance. I run 26X8.5 hoosier quicktime pros on stock steel wheels at the track..

Thanks for the info. I sure like th look of the torque thrusts with the rough cast spokes. Tire/wheel fitment can be a pain with stock sized rears on the early darts.

Doug

Damn, that 66 sure looks good in plum crazy:confused:

Heres a Hot lil' 64' Val Vert I built for my dad...he steers it with the rear wheels :)

100_1367.jpg

100_1368.jpg

100_1370.jpg

100_1375.jpg

I love the pics of cars driving down the road, its keeps me motivated

Amen brotha!

Even though I have a second gen A I really like these little early ones.They are truly beautifull!

here is a pic of my 65 dart Ragtop ... mopars AWESOME sb 360 magnum stroker 402 cu,in. == 435hp-- 470 tq.
3:91 gears.
SS springs
727 . 3600 turbo action convert ,
cheeta rev. manual valve body
sub frame connectors .
Headmann fenderwell headers 1 7/8" wrapped
3 inch headpipes into 3 in flow master mufflers .
850 holley DP .
402 magnum is all Bone stock . Big Valve RT heads 2:02
3 way adjustabe shocks all acorners
big heavy duty driveshaft and u-joints
6cyl. torsion bars .
3/8" fuel line and tank pick up
SS cragers . 15x8 in the rear . 10.5x27x15 M/T ET street slicks
the dart weighs in at 3420 /no driver . it is heavy !!!
mid 11 sec. quarter mile car.
It's a screamer !!!

raggie scoop low shot 400pix.JPG

raggie Good scoop 400pix.JPG

My PICS 086.jpg

Nice ride Stroker402. I would love to get into the 11's with mine. 12s are more likely though. What track lets you take it down the 1/4 mile with no roll bar?

If you have a roll bar you got any pictures?

Hey Trackpac,

That is one FANTASTIC looking ValVert! How about letting us in on some specs?

Thanks!

Heres a Hot lil' 64' Val Vert I built for my dad...he steers it with the rear wheels :)

Very Nice looking, :headbang:
I wonder how many people notice the passenger fender is a '65?

Anyone ever ask about that when you are out and about?

Has your Dad gone to any car shows with the car,
I bet he would get a few trophies with that!!

Excellent Eye Lee, was wondering if anyone would pick up on that! At the time I put the car together, I didnt have a 64' fender laying around. That has since been corrected LOL! My Dad drove the car an entire season before he noticed it. He lives down in Lexington KY, I live up in Cleveland Ohio. I later located a nice 64' fender, blocked and painted it...Black...real hard color to match eh? It was the subject of a joke between my buddies who helped me on the project and myself to see if "MR MOPAR" (dad) would notice it. He rubbed and waxed that thing all summer...not a word. One day the V8 Emblem came loose from the passenger fender, so he bought some "Gorilla snot"...and THATS when I got the phone call! Now keep in mind that was my gift to him for his retirement...he played it real cool trying to see if I knew it. I played stupid and even told him he was crazy! Finally I came clean and the following weekend I was hauling the correct fender 4 hours south. We taped the edges and had it carefully on in about an hour. The car sports it's orig #'s matching 273 block, mildly built. Now, lets see how REALLY sharp you guys are, knowing that it's a 273...see anything ELSE odd in that engine bay? (Hint..it's aluminum) 8 3/4 (3.73) was installed out of a Demon I scrapped, Henderson driveshaft handled the yoke conversion, Factory exhaust manifolds into flowmasters. Pushbutton trans freshened up, Turbo Action convertor, all new suspension front /rear. Worked on this thing an entire YEAR part time to get her respectable. Initial plan was a quick clean up and restification...wound up taking her nearly down to the bare shell! (It always snowballs). Car runs really strong and hasn't sprung a leak from the push button slushbox yet! (I'm waiting..anyday now...the convertor will drain and SOMETHING will leak from that trans SOMEWHERE...has'nt yet...but it WILL... they ALWAYS do!) Randy in Cleveland :)

Excellent Eye Lee, was wondering if anyone would pick up on that! At the time I put the car together, I didnt have a 64' fender laying around. That has since been corrected LOL! My Dad drove the car an entire season before he noticed it. He lives down in Lexington KY, I live up in Cleveland Ohio. I later located a nice 64' fender, blocked and painted it...Black...real hard color to match eh? It was the subject of a joke between my buddies who helped me on the project and myself to see if "MR MOPAR" (dad) would notice it. He rubbed and waxed that thing all summer...not a word. One day the V8 Emblem came loose from the passenger fender, so he bought some "Gorilla snot"...and THATS when I got the phone call! Now keep in mind that was my gift to him for his retirement...he played it real cool trying to see if I knew it. I played stupid and even told him he was crazy! Finally I came clean and the following weekend I was hauling the correct fender 4 hours south. We taped the edges and had it carefully on in about an hour. The car sports it's orig #'s matching 273 block, mildly built. Now, lets see how REALLY sharp you guys are, knowing that it's a 273...see anything ELSE odd in that engine bay? (Hint..it's aluminum) 8 3/4 (3.73) was installed out of a Demon I scrapped, Henderson driveshaft handled the yoke conversion, Factory exhaust manifolds into flowmasters. Pushbutton trans freshened up, Turbo Action convertor, all new suspension front /rear. Worked on this thing an entire YEAR part time to get her respectable. Initial plan was a quick clean up and restification...wound up taking her nearly down to the bare shell! (It always snowballs). Car runs really strong and hasn't sprung a leak from the push button slushbox yet! (I'm waiting..anyday now...the convertor will drain and SOMETHING will leak from that trans SOMEWHERE...has'nt yet...but it WILL... they ALWAYS do!) Randy in Cleveland :)

Nice toy.

I see an aftermarket air cleaner, valve covers, intake and carb.....

My '64 has a few minor underhood tweaks too. ;)

The 273 was tired, so I built a 318, with a mild cam,
an old Edelbrock LD4B intake,
{those intakes were also, a Mopar over the counter part}
an Edelbrock 1406 carb,
Electronic ignition,
dual exhaust off the stock 273 exhaust manifolds.

100_0471Medium.JPG

Question: How many aftermarket intakes were made to fit the 273?

-
Back