Show me your underhood fuel line(s) setup

-

dilley340

Reaction score
I'm looking for ideas on how you guys ran your fuel line(s) from an electric pump up into the engine bay and then to the carb(s).

Thanks.

I don't have any pics on hand at the moment, but ran my feed line along side the passenger side frame rail, 45* angle up following the fire wall, to the regulator, mounted on the inner fender. Hope this helps. I'm sure others will chime in as well.

I have more but this is all I could find. Mark

Attachments

• DSC00938.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 616
  • DSC00937.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 615
I've been looking at other people's setups lately too and I've seen them run two ways so far (also trying to get ideas). One way was ran on the outside of the passenger side subframe connector through the fenderwell area and ran up along the bottom side of the inner fender to the pressure regulator which was mounted on the top side of the inner fender. The other way was ran along the inside of the passenger subframe connector up along the inside of the frame next to the headers and up to the FPR which was mounted on top of the inner fender. Both setups were bypass systems. I'm still trying to decide which way I'll do mine. I might route mine on the inside of the frame near the headers. I'm not going to be worried as much about heat off the headers since the bypass sytem will keep the fuel moving and the headers are ceramic coated.

Good idea for a thread. I have been wanting to change mine. Its too close to the headers.

Thanks for the input. Here are a couple of images of what I'm working with. The ignition module is just spotted on the inner fender apron to get an idea of the spacing required and can be moved as needed. Two fuel lines where the yellow lines are shown in the second image.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

120721-Fuel_System_Workout-04.JPG

120721-Fuel_System_Workout-05.jpg

I am in the middle of rearranging my fuel lines and ignition system also. I just took off my dominator with regulator hard-lined between the carb lines with a braided line from the mechanical fuel pump. I broke the fuel pump, don't ask :) . Considering an electric fuel pump at the rear, but I'd like to modify the stock fuel tank pickup tube with an in-tank pump. Anyone done this ? I am also taking the MSD box out of the engine compartment and hiding it and the coil under the dash somehow. I have a holley regulator , braided lines, and all the fittings / ends to finish, but I just can't figure out where to mount the regulator and lines. I have had them on the top of the fenderwell but I'm not sure I like it there anymore. I'd like to hide them better, possibly under the front of the fenderwell.

Braided line from electric pump (near tank) along chassis rail then up fire wall away from extractors. Holley regulator (rubbish quality- to be replaced) through aero flow connections to Holley 850DP

engine3.jpg

engine4.jpg

Aussie car so a bit more crowded on this side of car than its US cousins.

Just a note to anyone that is planning on visting a drag strip,keep it off the firewall(you won't pass tech)

-
Back