show the white letters?

-
On my 69 Roadrunner I had Mickey Thompson raised white letter tires and MT 5 spoke wheels.
You can bet those were white out.

My dart has Nitto “rubber bands” so no room, plus it would look stupid.

6FAE2676-C85A-4878-B587-EBFB4F848482.jpeg

9CA5F48D-944D-4F2C-B128-710511D38653.png

Last edited:
In that case, I vote white letters out. Black car, black tires, black wheel opening around the tire... the white will break up/fill in that expanse of black a bit.

My wheels were pretty once, as were the tires, the day the tires were installed. I haven't paid much mind to 'em since because they work toward the overall look I want: the neglected high-school beater.
Two things nobody expects: 1) The Spanish Inquisition. 2) A crappy-looking old Valiant with a solid-roller W2 340. :D
When I said black, I was referring to the tire, but I do hear what you are saying. I will mock them up when the time comes and pull the trigger then.
Thank you.

I have an idea...

Drivers side have letters out. Passanger side letters in.

Blackwalls out!!! Unless the manufacturer wants to pay you for the advertising... Would you put a 2 foot by 2 foot sign on your door just because you have a (pick company) intake on your car?

If the tires have white letters, I like um out. Although I prefer outlined white letters, unfortunately you cannot find them anymore. To me the best lookin solid white letter ever was the Goodyear Eagle ST. Of course, they don't make that anymore, either.

Alot depends on the wheels and paint. If your car can use a little more "Bling" (for lack of a better word.) Then white letters out. If car's paint pops awesome on its own. With some nice rims? The white letters distract in my opinion.

it all depends on the look you are going for.. my yellow 71 had all the extra chrome trim on it so i went white letters originally. looking at these old pics makes me wonder what i was doing putting rallys on that thing. they are ugly as hell.. then i went blackwall when the car took a more pro touring theme. our current dart is pretty bare bones so i went black wall, even went turn downs on the exhaust instead of chrome tips because i thought they fit th ecar better. i'd like to put the rubber mat back in it one day too.. just too lazy to do it.. :)

DSC_0092.JPG

P1010145.JPG

DSC_0738_F.jpg

it all depends on the look you are going for.. my yellow 71 had all the extra chrome trim on it so i went white letters originally. looking at these old pics makes me wonder what i was doing putting rallys on that thing. they are ugly as hell.. then i went blackwall when the car took a more pro touring theme. our current dart is pretty bare bones so i went black wall, even went turn downs on the exhaust instead of chrome tips because i thought they fit th ecar better. i'd like to put the rubber mat back in it one day too.. just too lazy to do it.. :)

View attachment 1716064017

View attachment 1716064021

View attachment 1716064022
I never ever have been crazy about the big wheel/short sidewall scene, but that car had everything just right. Cept for the rust. LOL

Now if they would make a wider selection of sizes!!! I'd get some 245-60-14s and matching 205-70-14s in a heartbeat.
These are F-70x14 Bias Look Radials from Coker

You have to get the reproduction D-70 to get close to the 205

Alan

If the tires have white letters, I like um out. Although I prefer outlined white letters, unfortunately you cannot find them anymore. To me the best lookin solid white letter ever was the Goodyear Eagle ST. Of course, they don't make that anymore, either.
You can still get certain sizes of OWL tires, but open your wallet wide. Last time I looked they were around $540 per tire. Coker and Kelsey had 'em.

I have an idea...

Drivers side have letters out. Passanger side letters in.

I've seen that done too! One side of the car had different wheels & tires than the other side. Hopefully they were the same size wheel, tire and backspacing. Otherwise, it could make for an interesting drive :steering:

-
Back