show your liver a little love

-

abdywgn

dismantler
Reaction score
there is a lot of wordy stuff in the article but I always go to the pictures for the readers digest version.
DetoxificationandElimination.png
ImmuneHealthFoods.png

I eat all that stuff.

Hopefully enough to counteract all the alcohol.

For several reason, I quite drinking alcohol for 50 days. I was a heavy drinker. I also quit eating all of the bad stuff. I lost 30 pounds, allergy type symptoms went away, my completion cleared up and I slept a lot better but my joints didn’t feel any better.
I eat a lot of raw garlic. I grow my own. For the ultimate benefit from garlic, you need to chop it up (just a clove) and let it sit for 10 minutes of so. This creates the allium that is so beneficial. Also it should be taken on an empty stomach. I mix it with a little V8 juice and shoot it down. You will sweat, pee, and poop garlic so be aware of that.

I quit drinking a couple weeks ago so I can lose some weight. Hopefully my liver is enjoying the extended "vacation". I know my brain isn't.

I quit drinking a couple weeks ago so I can lose some weight. Hopefully my liver is enjoying the extended "vacation". I know my brain isn't.
It will work. Alcohol is the first thing on the livers agenda. It has no time for other tasks so the others go to fat.

It will work. Alcohol is the first thing on the livers agenda. It has no time for other tasks so the others go to fat.

Actually, that's not entirely true.

Fairly early after being diagnosed with diabetes, I mentioned to my doctor that I could drink a 12 pack of beer while working on my "old car" for most of the evening, and wake up with a lower blood glucose than I went to bed with.

At first he didn't believe me, but after a few more "oh, BTW I did the "beer and auto mechanics" thing again" stories, he said he had "done some research" and the reason was that while processing alcohol, the liver isn't as discriminating as to what it passes "out" and sends out lots of sugars, straight to the bladder, therefore NOT storing them.

Lesson: as long as you are standing, moving, doing moderate activities (IE not sitting or lying on the couch), drinking can actually lower your blood glucose levels.

Actually, that's not entirely true.

Fairly early after being diagnosed with diabetes, I mentioned to my doctor that I could drink a 12 pack of beer while working on my "old car" for most of the evening, and wake up with a lower blood glucose than I went to bed with.

At first he didn't believe me, but after a few more "oh, BTW I did the "beer and auto mechanics" thing again" stories, he said he had "done some research" and the reason was that while processing alcohol, the liver isn't as discriminating as to what it passes "out" and sends out lots of sugars, straight to the bladder, therefore NOT storing them.

Lesson: as long as you are standing, moving, doing moderate activities (IE not sitting or lying on the couch), drinking can actually lower your blood glucose levels.
First bullshiter never has a chance. Lol

Thank-you all for the additional input! I guess I could snack on garlic because for the most part, nobody is around me while I work.
And my wife keeps after me with the onions and greens. Strange, I even ask for broccoli every once in awhile.

Thank-you all for the additional input! I guess I could snack on garlic because for the most part, nobody is around me while I work.
And my wife keeps after me with the onions and greens. Strange, I even ask for broccoli every once in awhile.
I've been a garlic and onion freak my whole life I actually used to eat raw garlic covered with hot sauce! Mmm! Stuff definitely keeps your blood clean man which is good for you

-
Back