shsrkstooth grill

-

ir3333

Reaction score
..i have a sharktooth grill that has a section missing ...the flat portion on the bottom of the driver side,about 7 or 8 inches long as well as a couple of mounting tabs.
any body have any pieces or a busted grill suitable for parts?

i have taken a stock duster grille, and melted and cut my own pieces to work, then repainted and looked like new

I went to a hobby shop and bought some liquid molding material (type of modeling rubber) and some mold release. I found the matching part on the other side of the grill, applied the mold release and then coated it with the molding material, put quite a few coats on it. Then I placed it where the missing/broken pieces were. Then filled it with fiberglass resin and waited for it to harden. Using some small files and sandpaper blended it in and painted it. It's now impossible to see the repair when looking at the front of the grill.

..tx guys.
i have quite a bit of experience with fiberglass and epoxy and think i can repair this but would use the correct section if i had one.
heading to Ontario's biggest swap meet Friday so we'll see what i can come up with

Do you have pics?

If you find a new grill let me know and I might take this project on to repair and put on the Duster clone I have coming in a trade.

I would try and use just fiberglass and blend in and it should be good to go.

..i don't know how to post pics.
what's the easiest way to cut a section out of another grill,or mine for repair?

..i don't know how to post pics.
what's the easiest way to cut a section out of another grill,or mine for repair?

in your post, "edit post" ~ "go advanced" ~ scroll down to "upload photos" a window will open click "browse" and you can upload any most any pics saved on your computer

yepp, give us some pics, I have some sections saved for an occasion such as this........Wagg's

see if this works'

Attachments

• 028.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 124
  • 029.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 110
wow..tx 73A!
all this time and now i finally know how to post...that urtl thing always threw me.
that end piece fits and the mounting tab is fine.

With a spare section that should be a easy repair, nice looking grille, definitely worth the work.

-
Back