Side Exit Exhaust Need Opinons (Pics included)

-

Dart_440

Reaction score
I am trying to layout my exhaust system on the cheap.. I have a friend who recently pulled some dynomax mufflers & side exit tips from his mustang.

They were free so I am considering using them.. but need some input. I mached the exhaust tip up to see what it would look like. I love the look of the tip but I am unsure about the pipe that feeds it. The tips feed from the front and then turn under the car. So the elbow feeding the tip is currently visible.

I am considering getting a new mandrel bend elbow and redo'ing the current configuration which would look a little better, it will all be painted black anyway.

or

I am thinking about trying to hacking the tips up.. moving the exhaust pipe so that feeds the front back corner or backside some where so its not so visible.

What are your thoughts.. here are what the tips currently look like.

Photo0323[1].jpg

Photo0322[1].jpg

Photo0321[1].jpg

only way i would do side exit is by using the T/A style muffler. they mount in a stock location and have the inlet and outlet on the same end of the muffler.

they make an oval exhaust pipe that may help you. search the net a bit i'm sure you wil find it.

thats pretty similar to these mufflers.. they have the inlet and exit on the front side.

If you are wanting do do this "on the cheap" I'd leave it the way it is.
My 71 340 Duster has side exit exhaust that consists of cheapo glasspacks with an angled pipe to the front of the rear tires(circa 1979#-o):toothy10:

Nov.2005.jpg

-
Back