side marker lights.........

-

DRENO

Reaction score
Flat side marker lights or curved side marker lights for '68. What's the difference,just for body style?:-? Which would work for Barracuda?It was listed this way in the catalogue.

sdiemrkrflt.jpg

sidemrkrcurv.jpg

I can't see the difference.Can you?:-?

sdiemrkrflt.jpg

sidemrkrcurv.jpg

I would be afraid to say DRENO, Let a great tec jump in here and put you on the right trail.

This reminds me of the puzzle in the newspaper that asks you to find 5 differences in the 2 pics.

I can't find any :scratch:

This reminds me of the puzzle in the newspaper that asks you to find 5 differences in the 2 pics.

I can't find any :scratch:

Me neither.I don't know why they refer to one as flat and the other as curved.Maybe the body style from Plymouth to Dodge requires a curve base.I will wait and see,I think.Looking at the PGclassic book.:-?

.............If the light is mounted on the body line ......u use the curved 1s , if on a flat panel.........u use the flat 1s.......the light is the same, chrome ring is the difference.................kim..........

Not 100% sure but I'm thinking you would use the curved ones on a Charger since they set on the bodyline.
Dallas

But he is looking for his barracuda

Correct. I would think it would use the flat ones. Charger is the only model I could think of that has a pronounced bodyline where the marker goes. Coronet may have the light in the bodyline also.
Dallas

Flat side marker lights or curved side marker lights for '68. What's the difference,just for body style?:-? Which would work for Barracuda?It was listed this way in the catalogue.

View attachment 110655

View attachment 110656

I can't see the difference.Can you?:-?

Hey Dreno,
I can't "see" the difference cause there is none in these 2 pics!!!
(Printer for over 35 years)
Did you get these 2 pics from the catalog co. in question?
If you did, most times these companies will use the exact same plate for products alike. Some will actually carry disclaimer "Not pic of your exact product" File photo......you know.
Not an expert on the markers but agree with different body lines and the chrome base being slightly different.
One thing is for sure though, those 2 pics you have are from the same file, can tell by shadow, reflection, lighting, density, highlights, shadows, cropping, angle, all the same!
If you order both sets though, I'd be betting they would be different in hand but same in picture!
Besides the printer could have grabbed the wrong file by mistake after interuption in work flow. I would know, that would be a BAD printing day!! LOL!!!
Have a great day today Dreno & good luck!:glasses7:

Tell ya what i'll do. I have a 68 Sattilite and two 68 darts. I'll run out and take a look and see what ones are on the two.....be right back.....I'm back and i might add, i've learned something so here ya go. On the 68 Sattilite, the fenders are relativly flat, meaning a very slight convex surface which is capable of accepting a flat marker light both front and rear. I went and looked at the 68 darts and to my amazement ,on the front the hole for the light is right on the body line and the marker light does have a very slight curve to it. If it were installed wrong it would be noticed. The rear is of the flat style on the 68 darts. To this i would add. Check your light hole location and if it falls on a body break line then the curved one would be your choice, flat panel, flat light.
Small Block

Tell ya what i'll do. I have a 68 Sattilite and two 68 darts. I'll run out and take a look and see what ones are on the two.....be right back.....I'm back and i might add, i've learned something so here ya go. On the 68 Sattilite, the fenders are relativly flat, meaning a very slight convex surface which is capable of accepting a flat marker light both front and rear. I went and looked at the 68 darts and to my amazement ,on the front the hole for the light is right on the body line and the marker light does have a very slight curve to it. If it were installed wrong it would be noticed. The rear is of the flat style on the 68 darts. To this i would add. Check your light hole location and if it falls on a body break line then the curved one would be your choice, flat panel, flat light.
Small Block

Thanks for the info smallblock.I do not have side marker lights..(67bcuda) but would like to install some,I think thy look sharp,had them on my 68GTX and liked them.I will have to look at some pics to determine where they should go and check to see if it is flat,I think it is. Happy hunting!:-D

Hey Dreno,
I can't "see" the difference cause there is none in these 2 pics!!!
(Printer for over 35 years)
Did you get these 2 pics from the catalog co. in question?
If you did, most times these companies will use the exact same plate for products alike. Some will actually carry disclaimer "Not pic of your exact product" File photo......you know.
Not an expert on the markers but agree with different body lines and the chrome base being slightly different.
One thing is for sure though, those 2 pics you have are from the same file, can tell by shadow, reflection, lighting, density, highlights, shadows, cropping, angle, all the same!
If you order both sets though, I'd be betting they would be different in hand but same in picture!
Besides the printer could have grabbed the wrong file by mistake after interuption in work flow. I would know, that would be a BAD printing day!! LOL!!!
Have a great day today Dreno & good luck!:glasses7:

I cut and pasted the 2 pics from the online catalogue and tabbed back and forth on the pics and they didn't change,lol.Thanks for your input 64 dart,now get back to work on your car!:-D

68 Barracuda had the flat faced round fixtures. Either would work on your 67 though. The tiny angle in the others isn't enough to make a difference. There is a rubber O ring that will fill the void and seal better than the OEM gasket too. I think its a 1&3/8" holesaw you'll need. I'd have to double check to be sure.
Some of the original fixtures could be taken apart to clean or replace the lens. Later ones were crimped together. I imagine all aftermarket fixtures would be the later design.

68 Barracuda had the flat faced round fixtures. Either would work on your 67 though. The tiny angle in the others isn't enough to make a difference. There is a rubber O ring that will fill the void and seal better than the OEM gasket too. I think its a 1&3/8" holesaw you'll need. I'd have to double check to be sure.
Some of the original fixtures could be taken apart to clean or replace the lens. Later ones were crimped together. I imagine all aftermarket fixtures would be the later design.

Thanks Red.If I buy the new ones I won't have to worry bout cleaning the lense.I'm surprised nobody has commented on my adding them to my car because it's a 67.That's good because I have other plans as well that don't include staying with original design.8)Wish I had and knew how to use photoshop.

Thanks Red.If I buy the new ones I won't have to worry bout cleaning the lense.I'm surprised nobody has commented on my adding them to my car because it's a 67.That's good because I have other plans as well that don't include staying with original design.8)Wish I had and knew how to use photoshop.

I've put them on a 67 notch before and plan to do it again. I put a clear lens in all 4 and change the sockets to the later model rubber sockets for 194 bulbs. Then wire them to blink sequential to the turn signals. Are we having fun yet ?

I cut and pasted the 2 pics from the online catalogue and tabbed back and forth on the pics and they didn't change,lol.Thanks for your input 64 dart,now get back to work on your car!:-D

LOL!!
Old habits hard to break!
At a quick glance, it screamed "SAME PIC FILE" LOL!, the shadow (light gray tint) in the white background upper right quad....see it? same......also reflections....dead givaway!! LOL!!!
Good luck am following with interest due to constant shopping ideas for markers on Fern.....See I'm still workin her, OK I'M LEAVING NOW!! LMBO!!:-D

Love the round semi-flush mounted '68 side marker lamps (vs. the '72-up that stick out about a mile and a half)!!
But seriously, if you use a 1 3/8" hole saw, what do you do about the "anti-rotation tab(s)" that are part of original quarter panels and are supposed to hold the lamp housing from rotating as you tighten it? Is this a non-issue? Are the "anti-rotation tab(s)" even part of the re-popped lamps?

Dan

I've put them on a 67 notch before and plan to do it again. I put a clear lens in all 4 and change the sockets to the later model rubber sockets for 194 bulbs. Then wire them to blink sequential to the turn signals. Are we having fun yet ?

I would like to install them after I park it for the winter,but it does get a little cold. The 194 bulbs do they come in several diff colors.I don't think red is the color for my car,maybe amber.We're close to having fun.:-D

Love the round semi-flush mounted '68 side marker lamps (vs. the '72-up that stick out about a mile and a half)!!
But seriously, if you use a 1 3/8" hole saw, what do you do about the "anti-rotation tab(s)" that are part of original quarter panels and are supposed to hold the lamp housing from rotating as you tighten it? Is this a non-issue? Are the "anti-rotation tab(s)" even part of the re-popped lamps?

Dan

Good question,didn't know about these tabs.They must fit in slots in the housing of the light.I can't see what the lights look like in the pics,i think I should be able to make something to hold them in place til the nuts are tight.Thanks for the heads up Dan.:profilel:

-
Back