Sigh, Some people...

-
now thats the type of car that dissapears in a cloud of black smoke when I go past them with my cummins

Drove by a Sonic Drive-In in west Omaha last summer, and the Smart Car club (urp) was having a get together. Saddest thing I've seen yet. Looked like a car dealer, 20 or so of them in different colors, all stone stock.
I wonder what they talk about? Brag about who found gas the cheapest that week? Stand around and get exalted together? Probably ordering tofu burgers and quiche.....
All I could do was shake my head and drive on....it'll be a sad day in my life if I ever am reduced to owning one of these things.
Alan

Drove by a Sonic Drive-In in west Omaha last summer, and the Smart Car club (urp) was having a get together. Saddest thing I've seen yet. Looked like a car dealer, 20 or so of them in different colors, all stone stock.
I wonder what they talk about? Brag about who found gas the cheapest that week? Stand around and get exalted together? Probably ordering tofu burgers and quiche.....
All I could do was shake my head and drive on....it'll be a sad day in my life if I ever am reduced to owning one of these things.
Alan

Now that's funny. I could not imagine driving one of those around here. We have mountains.

I looked up some specs.

A choice of 50 or 61 hp engines. LOL
The 61 hp engine does 0-60 in 15 seconds. LOL

Alan

I guess I would not be welcomed at that Sonic !

jsw_img_1217.jpg

Alan

LOL, too funny, a Smart car club. If i ever see a club meeting i would go crash it go in and laugh at them all. I stopped next to another one at a light last night after work, some nerdy guy driving, so sad

I actually went to a Smart car forum to see what they talk about.

Lots of talk about milage, like its a contest, lots of them getting rear ended, and how unstable they are above 50 mph.

The best thing though, the ad at the top of the page for a exahust tip

ADDS 6 hp
Adds 14 ft lbs of torque
dyno tested
Deep Smooth Sound, HAHAHAHH

The only thing Smart cars are good for is Hyabusa conversions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan627b
Alan

Sounds almost as bad as the corvette club here in Des Moines. Go to a car show and there will be 50 stock late model Corvettes in various colors. It's like, you see one, you've seen them all. and the Corvette owners have the attitude like they make the show. If it wasn't for them the show would be worthless.

I guess the upside, is that you can always find a place to park no matter how many people show up.

Grant

Went to the gas station this morning and a SMART pulls up behind me.

Are the people that drive these thing programed to be dorks or what. I ignored him pulling up so close behind me, gas filler is behind the license plate, and he almosts hits me. He gets out and starts the conversation.

"Hey i had a 69 Chevelle, just sold it a year or so ago" Best decision i ever made, used too much gas, got me one of these" pointed at his SMART car.

I say "thats too bad" He looks at me, with a strange look on his face. He says 'Whys that"?

I told him i saw how unsafe one of those cars is, I had one destroy itself on the rear bumper of my Scamp when i had it. Hilarious, even the policeman that came to the accident was amused.

He says the randomness of being in a bad accident is worth it to the fuel he saves, and says to me, maybe you should think about doing that too.

I tell him "Hey i am being enviromentaly friendly, i am recycling". He goes "how"?

"By restoring this car, how many or our resources would be used up if they crushed this, sent it to japan, and spent the time and energy to make a defective Toyota out of it, that they would need to recall, and spend more money on trying to fix it?"

He didnt have a good come back for that, so just replied with a F You.

He was parked behind me at the gas station, with his window open, so when i left, i pumped the gas 2 or three times so i would flood it, cranked it and reved it so it would blow a cloud of "used up resources" his way.

I dont understand why someone would buy one of these things, it baffles me

Just another smug wad that thinks his doesn't stink.:sign10:
meanwhile...the shoes,belt,wood for his house,steel ect...all needs some sort of dinosaur bits to produce/harvest/adhere/heat/cook/power.....

Next time...pull behind him at a red light, lightly bump his 'soda can' and when he looks back at you in the rear veiw....push him out into the busy intersection to be recycled.

Just another smug wad that thinks his doesn't stink.:sign10:
meanwhile...the shoes,belt,wood for his house,steel ect...all needs some sort of dinosaur bits to produce/harvest/adhere/heat/cook/power.....

Next time...pull behind him at a red light, lightly bump his 'soda can' and when he looks back at you in the rear veiw....push him out into the busy intersection to be recycled.

But then i may scratch my bumper. I was thinking of getting in front of them at a light, shutting it off, then doing the flooded engine thing again, giving them back some carbon they are lacking.

plastic won't hurt yer chrome.

there was this foreigner was having trouble making a right on to the highway one time, so I gave him a push in my 71 slant 6 swinger. ha ha
I actually floored it, I had a 2200 stall in it at the time so it really slammed his azz.
His eye's you could see get real wide in the rearview.lol

plastic won't hurt yer chrome.

there was this foreigner was having trouble making a right on to the highway one time, so I gave him a push in my 71 slant 6 swinger. ha ha
I actually floored it, I had a 2200 stall in it at the time so it really slammed his azz.
His eye's you could see get real wide in the rearview.lol

That would have been great to see.

My bumpers are painted body color. I didnt like it at first, but they grew on me.

every time i see a SMART car i just wanna tip it over like a cow, i dont think that it would be too hard with three or four big guys.

Something I find very hard to understand....used to be car designers came up with great loooking designs using pencil and paper, maybe sculpture, maybe even an airbrush and canvas. Now they have all the computer technology in the world available, and they keep coming up with all these little blob cars, with stupid strange looking body curves and odd design features, goofy tail lite designs, many of them loking like an egg or a blob of melted wax. Is this the best they can do?
It's like they were designed by fisher price or tonka, no sharp edges lest someone scratch themselves. I don't get it.
Scariest thought yet, will Chryslers fate hang on whether or not they can sell the US on the Fiat 500? Mechanically, some of these vehicles may be stone axe reliable, but WHERE IS THE STYLING?!!! How does a car with such an upright front end design cheat the wind better than , say, a Datsun 260 Z car?
Or even a wedge shaped car like the old TR7?
Makes no sense to me....
Alan

Doesn't a VW Jetta diesel get almost the same mileage and has tons more useful room? Smart car my azz!

Wylde1.

Thanks for the vids W1!
Crash test = OK if ya want ta dig the stering column outa ya groinal cavity!

"Yes Mr. Fire&Rescue man, you can just open the door, no need for the Jaws. You will however need to remove the brake pedal from my exhaust pipe before you can put me on the back board!":toothy10:

My family & I are still betting on our 40+ year old steel 4 door Darts & lap belts only!
Plastic = BAD
40 year old steel = GooooooooD!:cheers: LOL!

Something I find very hard to understand....used to be car designers came up with great loooking designs using pencil and paper, maybe sculpture, maybe even an airbrush and canvas. Now they have all the computer technology in the world available, and they keep coming up with all these little blob cars, with stupid strange looking body curves and odd design features, goofy tail lite designs, many of them loking like an egg or a blob of melted wax. Is this the best they can do?
It's like they were designed by fisher price or tonka, no sharp edges lest someone scratch themselves. I don't get it.
Scariest thought yet, will Chryslers fate hang on whether or not they can sell the US on the Fiat 500? Mechanically, some of these vehicles may be stone axe reliable, but WHERE IS THE STYLING?!!! How does a car with such an upright front end design cheat the wind better than , say, a Datsun 260 Z car?
Makes no sense to me....
Alan

I have wondered this too. Where did the inovation go? The Concept cars of the 50's and 60's and the change to the body every year?

Is it so expensive now to change styling evey year or so? WHY? Its almost all plastic or fiberglass, isnt it easier to create a mold for plastic than to create a steel stamp? How did they do it back then? It should be way easier

Thanks for the vids W1!
Crash test = OK if ya want ta dig the stering column outa ya groinal cavity!

"Yes Mr. Fire&Rescue man, you can just open the door, no need for the Jaws. You will however need to remove the brake pedal from my exhaust pipe before you can put me on the back board!":toothy10:

My family & I are still betting on our 40+ year old steel 4 door Darts & lap belts only!
Plastic = BAD
40 year old steel = GooooooooD!:cheers: LOL!

HAHAHA, groinal cavity, thats funny.

Yeah they show those in the crash tests, but they forgot how bad a actual person will be banged up after the car finishes rebounding off of everything.

I would have decked him before he finished the "You" part. But that is just me. Then I would have backed over his front end.

you know what would be funny.....is to hook a chain to the axle of that pos smart car with the other end to the tow hitch of my dodge truck, then with 30ft slack in the chain.. floor it and drag that pos to bits!

Makes no sense to me....
Alan

Because tree hugging , global warming, hippy, weiner heads will not feel justified or encouraged to be so above everyone else if they actually drove something that looked cool so they drive something that pisses everyone off at first sight, then they can feel empowered that they actually accoplished something during their miserable existence.
Either that or they are just trying to compete with the Miata guys for the ultimate form of gayness.

-
Back