Signs you're getting old for Classic Car Owners

-

69FBCuda

Stand back 10' for your viewing pleasure & Safety
Reaction score
When you forget to unhook the trickle charger before backing out!

20240308_164406.jpg

My trickle charger has one of those build in

It actually came with a set of terminal rings that are permanently mounted to the battery

Pretty cool

When you forget you have a trickle charger and go buy a new one only to find the old one the day after you could have returned the new one

When you forget to unhook the trickle charger before backing out
I did that with a gas pump once.

Stuck it in started the flow. Washed the windows heard the pump kick off, went inside to pay and drove off.

Was backing out of my garage and hit the garage door button just as my back window was under the door coming down

When you know you have 7 old Mopars but can only find 4!!

You carry that POS flip phone, so that when you crawl under that car... and can not get back up!!??

When you go out to the pasture looking for that 68 Hemi dart roller... and realize it was justa dream??

Last but not least...... Wife says " when was the last time you changed your jeans and underwear. You smell (and look like) like an OLD GUY!":BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead: :rofl: :steering:

One day my moms husband gave me a big bag full of new black socks. I didn’t know what to think of it, so I tried a pair on the next day. Then I realized it…..it must be some sort of rite of passage, the old old guy giving the new old guy his passage key into the realm of being an old guy. I threw them away, not ready to be the old guy. I’m still wearing my white socks!!

One day my moms husband gave me a big bag full of new black socks. I didn’t know what to think of it, so I tried a pair on the next day. Then I realized it…..it must be some sort of rite of passage, the old old guy giving the new old guy his passage key into the realm of being an old guy. I threw them away, not ready to be the old guy. I’m still wearing my white socks!!
Are you sure!?? I admit I am old and all my socks are white!!! OK a few gray ones too..

Young kid told me not long ago that I sure am old. I just told him..better to be old than dead......I guess. :BangHead:

Funny, the first pair of socks I bought myself were black...and every single one I bought since

If I get a hole in one I toss and and add its twin to the sock orphanage
Then I add 2 orphans together and make a new pair

Guess I'm just old and cheap

When you go out to the pasture looking for that 68 Hemi dart roller... and realize it was justa dream??

I have dreams every now and then where I'm banging gears in my old 5-speed '93 Cherokee, it was my daily driver for 10 years and then got rear-ended and totaled. Even in my dream I think "hey I thought I didn't have this car anymore...?" Lol. Then I wake up and remember it got crushed 3 years ago :(

Also once in a while I'll have a dream where I'm ripping around in a 440 or Hemi Charger or Road Runner then wake up and remember I'm not nearly that well off lmao

Funny, the first pair of socks I bought myself were black...and every single one I bought since

If I get a hole in one I toss and and add its twin to the sock orphanage
Then I add 2 orphans together and make a new pair

Guess I'm just old and cheap
All my socks are black, IMO white socks look goofy. I do the same when they wear out though, it's not being cheap it's being resourceful!

BTW I'm only 32, guess it's just being an old soul :lol:

I have dreams every now and then where I'm banging gears in my old 5-speed '93 Cherokee, it was my daily driver for 10 years and then got rear-ended and totaled. Even in my dream I think "hey I thought I didn't have this car anymore...?" Lol. Then I wake up and remember it got crushed 3 years ago :(

Also once in a while I'll have a dream where I'm ripping around in a 440 or Hemi Charger or Road Runner then wake up and remember I'm not nearly that well off lmao

All my socks are black, IMO white socks look goofy. I do the same when they wear out though, it's not being cheap it's being resourceful!

BTW I'm only 32, guess it's just being an old soul :lol:
Yeah but do you wear socks with slide on flip flops? thats a young guy thing...:)

I always mean one white and one black sock when we go somewhere, so all the gaukers have somethng to see!!!!! Somewhere??? Like to look at a project for sale, so when I offer a really low price, they are not offended because I MUST be a crazy old coot!!!!! :thumbsup:

I feel like I turned into an old lady like overnight a couple years ago.

I find loud exhaust annoys me when a few years ago I thought it was cute. Now I think " not everyone wants to hear your junk"

A lot of things I did with cars years ago and thought it was cool, I find dumb now. I like my cars quiet and dependable.

Getting old is probably different for men but for us you slowly notice your high heel shoes and skirts getting lower, things getting on your nerves easier. ..... maybe it's just me

When you forget to unhook the trickle charger before backing out!

When you are sick and tired of people telling you something completely dumb/*** backwards that it doesn’t even make sense about your car even though you built it and know for a fact that there off there rocker and completely wrong, stupid, ignorant or just pretending to be a (smart) car guy.

My patience level on my temper has grown shorter! I no longer want to talk to people! I have no time or tolerance for completely stupid conversations.

I have learned over all these decades to be more tolerant...not every a**h*** that pisses me off needs me going ballistic, besides they could kick my old a**!
Life is a full circle, some peoples circle is just bigger.
God Almighty gave us all a beautiful world to live in and enjoy, but we own nothing, He just lets us use it all...for awhile.
Our taste for food changes as will so many things as time marches on. Funny if you pay attention!

You know that you're getting old working on cars when you have to get under the car to do a task and you bring a bunch of extra tools ''just in case'' so you don't have to get up and back under there because the size was 1/2'' instead of 7/16''.
You bring pliers, penetrating oil, a small butane torch, and a variety of sockets and combination wrenches with assorted extensions with you while you're there.
And, you listen to the radio for 5 minutes to let your shoulders and arms rest before finishing the job.
That's because it hurts like hell to get up and down from the floor!
And, to top it all off, you make sure you go to the bathroom before you get under there so that's out of the way!
Finally, it takes you twice as long to do the job than it would have 20 years ago, and you're happy with that...

You know that you're getting old working on cars when you have to get under the car to do a task and you bring a bunch of extra tools ''just in case'' so you don't have to get up and back under there because the size was 1/2'' instead of 7/16''.
You bring pliers, penetrating oil, a small butane torch, and a variety of sockets and combination wrenches with assorted extensions with you while you're there.
And, you listen to the radio for 5 minutes to let your shoulders and arms rest before finishing the job.
And, to top it all off, you make sure you go to the bathroom before you get under there so that's out of the way!
Finally, it takes you twice as long to do the job than it would have 20 years ago, and you're happy with that...
YES! and I carry the fliphone so IF I move that darn AMC Hornet that sits too darn low, she can come pull my old a** out of the darn thing!!!! I have to either sell it OR raise the seats up 3 inches and fix the sagging seat springs!!!!!
:poke: :BangHead::steering:

How about putting down a piece of cardboard because it's a little softer and not as cold

I have learned over all these decades to be more tolerant...not every a**h*** that pisses me off needs me going ballistic, besides they could kick my old a**!
Life is a full circle, some peoples circle is just bigger.
God Almighty gave us all a beautiful world to live in and enjoy, but we own nothing, He just lets us use it all...for awhile.
Our taste for food changes as will so many things as time marches on. Funny if you pay attention!

I simply approach people with the mind set of stay humble, relax, there probably good people meaning well, though there often insulting & the biggest thing I keep telling myself is, Relax, your wimp, there strong, your slow, there fast, you have no stamina, they can go 50, 10 minute rounds… LMAO!

No sense in reality of going off on someone. I try to make the conversation as constructive as possible. When it gets dumb, I just yes them to death or “OK” them to death and stop responding. Turn or walk away. 99 out of 100 get the message the conversation is over and that I don’t care to carry on.

Once in a blue moon I’ve had morons actually follow me around the car insisting very loudly there father had a Nova just like mine with a double over head fuel injected double hump Quasi-Moto 15-1 engine from the factory, as OEM delivered it making 750 hp and blasting the 1/4 mile in the 10 second zone while getting 25+ MPG and seating 7 while doing it.

Heeeeeyyyyyyy, OK then!!!! That’s awesome, excuse me… I have to go now, have a great day,,,,

But yet there start to scream! “It’s F’in true, you don’t believe me?!?!?!

Yea…. This has happened more than once.
I ask myself, why do I show up to shows only to have wild men dress me down & scream at me?

I simply approach people with the mind set of stay humble, relax, there probably good people meaning well, though there often insulting & the biggest thing I keep telling myself is, Relax, your wimp, there strong, your slow, there fast, you have no stamina, they can go 50, 10 minute rounds… LMAO!

No sense in reality of going off on someone. I try to make the conversation as constructive as possible. When it gets dumb, I just yes them to death or “OK” them to death and stop responding. Turn or walk away. 99 out of 100 get the message the conversation is over and that I don’t care to carry on.

Once in a blue moon I’ve had morons actually follow me around the car insisting very loudly there father had a Nova just like mine with a double over head fuel injected double hump Quasi-Moto 15-1 engine from the factory, as OEM delivered it making 750 hp and blasting the 1/4 mile in the 10 second zone while getting 25+ MPG and seating 7 while doing it.

Heeeeeyyyyyyy, OK then!!!! That’s awesome, excuse me… I have to go now, have a great day,,,,

But yet there start to scream! “It’s F’in true, you don’t believe me?!?!?!

Yea…. This has happened more than once.
I ask myself, why do I show up to shows only to have wild men dress me down & scream at me?
^^^^^^^ Just why I never take a car to a car show!!!!!!!

-
Back