Silence...

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
Went out for a bike ride the other day. Was coming down our road and went to toot the horn at a neighbor and was rewarded with silence......again. Don't get me wrong, the horn on the bike was not exactly loud but......
Anyhow, horn is gone again. This is the fifth one that has fallen off. Cheap *** design had no way to use a thread locking agent on it. This time the mounting strap snapped... Anybody know of a LOUD horn? Only have room for one so it has to be a single unit. Til I get it replaced I guess I will just revert to yelling at folks that I need to get there attention.

Most "bikes" I've had the horn wasn't worth keeping in working order, 'cept to please the cop that might ask

Silence.... I keel you....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfResyFrqlM"]Silence! I Kill you! - YouTube[/ame]

Get one of those programmable horns and make it holler "F you" when you ride by.

Ink, I highly recommend that you use a wrench when installing the next horn. :poke:

Damn it Frankie....didn't I tell you to STOP poking me???? That hurts.....:wack::hello2:

Thanks for the advice Sir.....but the duct tape seemed like such a great idea at the time...:thumblef:

I kept my police siren on my bike. Took the lights off though.

Attachments

• 019.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 247
Get one of those programmable horns and make it holler "F you" when you ride by.

A couple of weeks ago I was in town behind one of "those" drivers. Was kinda zoned out and started yelling..:director:..get the f out of the way you dumba** mother f....well, you get the point. The 5 teenage girls that were walking down the road thought it was pretty funny.....The guy driving the car looked a bit scared when I went ripping around him.....have no idea why :scratch:

That would be Walter....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR2xMw5-FZ8"]Jeff Dunham and Walter (Welcome to Walmart) - YouTube[/ame]

Get one of the air horns that will fit in your pocket I have one by the phone for tell-a-marketers they seem to get the message, maybe the dump a*s drivers will. Be Safe Always

Get one of the air horns that will fit in your pocket I have one by the phone for tell-a-marketers they seem to get the message, maybe the dump a*s drivers will. Be Safe Always

To awkward to use....

I've never had a horn on any of my bikes that got the point across. The horn on my Speed Triple has always worked, but it makes a comical kind of "meep meep" sound. Pretty embarrassing actually. Doesn't exactly convey the right point, its like ":hello2:, excuse me..."

I typically just rev the engine at them. Its more like :finga: ! I think it gets more attention than any horn would, heck of a lot louder unless you mount an air-horn. Faster too, you're already holding onto the throttle and clutch. Sure, they think I'm an a-hole, but if I get to the point that I feel the need to rev my engine at them then they probably deserve it anyway.

I'll have to check and see if I can identify my horns. They are small, but just as loud as any big car horn. They have a very nice tone to them as well, not a high pitch whimpy sound. Previous owner had em put on, jokingly said they were of a big Buick. Definitely capable of making your presence known.

Went out for a bike ride the other day. Was coming down our road and went to toot the horn at a neighbor and was rewarded with silence......again. Don't get me wrong, the horn on the bike was not exactly loud but......
Anyhow, horn is gone again. This is the fifth one that has fallen off. Cheap *** design had no way to use a thread locking agent on it. This time the mounting strap snapped... Anybody know of a LOUD horn? Only have room for one so it has to be a single unit. Til I get it replaced I guess I will just revert to yelling at folks that I need to get there attention.

Here you go

http://www.stebel-usa.com/

Doug, get a Fiamm horn.

Thanks Joe...will look into them....

I've never had a horn on any of my bikes that got the point across. The horn on my Speed Triple has always worked, but it makes a comical kind of "meep meep" sound. Pretty embarrassing actually. Doesn't exactly convey the right point, its like ":hello2:, excuse me..."

I typically just rev the engine at them. Its more like :finga: ! I think it gets more attention than any horn would, heck of a lot louder unless you mount an air-horn. Faster too, you're already holding onto the throttle and clutch. Sure, they think I'm an a-hole, but if I get to the point that I feel the need to rev my engine at them then they probably deserve it anyway.

All the horns that I have lost sound pretty similar to what you are describing.
If my bike still had the straight pipes the clutch/throttle gig would work....hell it is what I used to use. But the pipe that is on there is baffled, so it is not even close to being as loud as it once was. Pretty sure it is still loud enough to work.

Use the kind with the fibers running through it. More durable.

This time the bracket broke...suppose if I use enough tape I will not need the metal bracket?

I'll have to check and see if I can identify my horns. They are small, but just as loud as any big car horn. They have a very nice tone to them as well, not a high pitch whimpy sound. Previous owner had em put on, jokingly said they were of a big Buick. Definitely capable of making your presence known.

Only have room for one horn. Might have room for a second one when I rewire it over the winter...If You can find out what brand they are I would appreciate it....

Thank You Sir. Have you ever used any of the horns they have listed?
A few of the ones I looked at looked sorta large. I might be able to squeeze something up under the oil tank. Will be tearing it apart once riding season is over. Come to think of it I need to get another compressor for the air horns in my truck. Sure the folks at the golf course on the way to town miss me driving by, laying on the horn....

Here ya' go, Doug. If one isn't loud enough, you can put one on each side of your handlebars...

13617253.jpg

-
Back