Single Turbo Blow through Small Block Kits???

-
The bullseye turbo is a Borg warner S300 and already has a vband flange on the turbine housing. And from what I've read, they run a certain style v-band on them. IIRC they are 20 degree taper and 3.5"s. Where in CA are you? And FWIW my Duster is gonna be manual steering and brakes. I got some more questions for you, but I'll pm you about them

Ok good to know... I'm in Glendora in the middle of LA the E and the OC.

I think I see what your saying, I could see pumping losses while packing the cyliders full of air and fuel for either a turbo or a supercharger, The way that I look at how a turbo works is one of those spinning angel candle x mas things The rising heat from the candles spins the fan thingy ( thingy is the technical term ) there is no wind or blowing air the heat does the work. I hope that makes sence? And I wish I new what that thingy is called but I dont. If exhaust was cold it wouldn't work the same and it would take an equal amount of exhaust pressure to make intake pressure ( that would be your pepetual motion problem ) I hope this answears your question??? Without the wasted free engine heat turbos would not work.

Thanks, makes sense.

Bottom line, really, ethier way, boost is a wonderful thing.

Today I was able to nail down an appoitment for wed or thursday :happy3:( depending on when I can get down there ) with a local turbo shop... So ill drive the Duster down this week before I go to work and see what we can work out.

RPS's kit already exists......are you seriously gonna try to do all the fab and research to produce something that already exists?...and try to do it for less? Something will be sacrificed....and it will most likely be quality materials.

All and all what are you gonna have that is signifigantly different....Hotside Pipe Routing?

turbokitSBM.jpg

It is almost like trying to produce a Beverage Can after its already been done.

Dont listen to me though......What do I know?

Twin GT42R BBC Headers
TurboBBCHeader04.jpg

TurboBBCHeader02.jpg

Here is a Log Style Manifold I designed for a SB Mopar....V-Band Flanges...O2 sensor Bungs....Simple Drop in from the top.
FABOHeaderDesign.jpg

Turbochargers have very little parasitic loss because of complete cylinder filling even when NOT above the boost threshhold.....the engine does not have to TRY to inhale.....the intake valve just OPENS and the cylinder fills.., and exhaust HAS to go through the turbine (exhaust side), which in turn, spins the compressor wheel.....While it may be complicated for a NA engine to achieve 85-100% VE.....a turbocharged engine can exceed 150% pretty easily.

Nothing like the Crankshaft Drag produced by a Supercharger.
:wav:

RPS's kit already exists......are you seriously gonna try to do all the fab and research to produce something that already exists?...and try to do it for less? Something will be sacrificed....and it will most likely be quality materials.

All and all what are you gonna have that is signifigantly different....Hotside Pipe Routing?

turbokitSBM.jpg

Twin GT42R BBC Headers
TurboBBCHeader04.jpg

TurboBBCHeader02.jpg

Here is a Log Style Manifold I designed for a SB Mopar....V-Band Flanges...O2 sensor Bungs....Simple Drop in from the top.
FABOHeaderDesign.jpg

I know there is a kit made butttt, well, Sorry to say the RPS kit is kinda FUGLY. Their thought process looks like they just kinda started throwing crap together to make a kit. Someone can design something cleaner than that pretty easily. The waste gate blow off location back into the exhaust is the icing on the cake for the FUGLY Department in my book. I know if I was to design something it would look alot better than that for sure. The 02 bung is right on top also why not have it on the bottom or hidden just a little? Maybe I am too picky?

I am done here....just wanted to throw that out there.
I dont think there can be a more cost effective kit than RPS'.
I couldnt produce and offer a bolt on kit for less....therefore, I wont.

But, good luck with your endeavor.

turbokitSBM.jpg

Twin GT42R BBC Headers
TurboBBCHeader04.jpg

TurboBBCHeader02.jpg

FABOHeaderDesign.jpg

The answear is YES. There is no real support here on the west coast, And I know I can do it on the cheap for myself so we will see what I can come up with, If its not a deal then its simply not going to happen But there will be a thread for the do it yourselfers. And... it really isn't that pretty. This is not my first rodeo/pipedream I daily drive a weekend quicky kit that works very well someday when I get some time ill re-do it but for now its fun cheap and doesn't look like crap.

I know there is a kit made butttt, well, Sorry to say the RPS kit is kinda FUGLY. Their thought process looks like they just kinda started throwing crap together to make a kit. Someone can design something cleaner than that pretty easily. The waste gate blow off location back into the exhaust is the icing on the cake for the FUGLY Department in my book. I know if I was to design something it would look alot better than that for sure. The 02 bung is right on top also why not have it on the bottom or hidden just a little? Maybe I am too picky?

There's a couple things that I don't get about the RPS kit like the vibration isolater under the crank pulley??? I'm not sure, and yes with the o2, Off the passenger side of the downpipe would make more sence to me for wire routing. Oh well maybe just me.

I am done here....just wanted to throw that out there.
I dont think there can be a more cost effective kit than RPS'.
I couldnt produce and offer a bolt on kit for less....therefore, I wont.

But, good luck with your endeavor.

I'm not trying to pick a fight, And mean that :) Do you work for RPS or know someone that does?

Vibration Isolator? Its called a Flex Section...and it is for compensation of Engine Torque on the motor mounts.

I dont work for RPS...or even know the guy. But I did call him up and speak with him. He is very knowledgable....and competent.

He said everything will bolt right up and fit under a stock flat hood....unless you use a High Rise Intake such as a M1 or Indy intake, but will clear with a Air Gap or other low rise 4bbl intake.

No offense taken...and I wasnt trying to pick a fight either.....just trying to add some rational to this subject.

Cheap Skates always want top $$$$ R&D'd products for chump change..then they want a warranty on top of it all....good luck getting any sales or any Kudos with most of these guys....most of them think turbo headers should cost as much as A-body heddmans.

Turbochargers have very little parasitic loss because of complete cylinder filling even when NOT above the boost threshhold.....the engine does not have to TRY to inhale.....the intake valve just OPENS and the cylinder fills.., and exhaust HAS to go through the turbine (exhaust side), which in turn, spins the compressor wheel.....While it may be complicated for a NA engine to achieve 85-100% VE.....a turbocharged engine can exceed 150% pretty easily.

Nothing like the Crankshaft Drag produced by a Supercharger.
:wav:

Vibration Isolator? Its called a Flex Section...and it is for compensation of Engine Torque on the motor mounts.

I dont work for RPS...or even know the guy. But I did call him up and speak with him. He is very knowledgable....and competent.

He said everything will bolt right up and fit under a stock flat hood....unless you use a High Rise Intake such as a M1 or Indy intake, but will clear with a Air Gap or other low rise 4bbl intake.

No offense taken...and I wasnt trying to pick a fight either.....just trying to add some rational to this subject.

Cheap Skates always want top $$$$ R&D'd products for chump change..then they want a warranty on top of it all....good luck getting any sales or any Kudos with most of these guys....most of them think turbo headers should cost as much as A-body heddmans.

Its all good :happy3: lucky for me Im not trying to impress anyone just trying to make things a little more available to people with limited fab skills.I get what the isolater/flex section can be used for, but the hot side is all bolted to the heads and they move with the engine as a unit, Maybe to compensate for warpage from final welding? I could see that.

Cheap Skates always want top $$$$ R&D'd products for chump change..then they want a warranty on top of it all....good luck getting any sales or any Kudos with most of these guys....most of them think turbo headers should cost as much as A-body heddmans.[/QUOTE]

I think your right, Thats why it might come down to just the hotside for a reasonable price.

With my Kit Idea....I intended to use factory V 8 manifolds, then cross the driver side pipe under the engine, and up to the passenger manifold and over to the pass. front of the engine bay for nearly the same turbo placement and oil drain back.

Later I intended to fab up my log style manifolds for the addition of V-Band Clamps and O2 sensor bungs.....all out of T306 Stainless.

But with a kit like RPS' which allows easy access to the spark plugs, and only requires custom Alternator mounting...I figure why go through all the trouble.....I want to bolt a kit on and have some fun.

I dont disagree that RPS's piping might be a little fugly, but what exactly is beautiful except those Turbo Headers for that Twin GT42R BBC I posted earlier? Those headers cost $700 EACH in materials and labor....and most mopar guys can't spring $1400 just for headers.

I stand by my statements.....because its experience talking.

Turbocharging is a pricey venture, but well worth the effort when done properly.

Where is the alt suppose to be relocated on the rps system?

I called rps today and received a $3200 quote for the complete kit... He didn't mention anything about the alt being relocated. He did talk about upgrading my fuel system and days I can get a turbo upgrade for around $500... I'm looking for a kit like what he sells but I don't want to replace my alt.

This is the very reason I posted a link to the thread about the shorty headers.......people want the best........until they have to pay for it.......

I called rps today and received a $3200 quote for the complete kit... He didn't mention anything about the alt being relocated. He did talk about upgrading my fuel system and days I can get a turbo upgrade for around $500... I'm looking for a kit like what he sells but I don't want to replace my alt.

Yeah I dont want to move my alternator either its probably for the routing of the oil drain but it seems there is room to do it without...

-
Back