Six Pack Pix

-

Captainkirk

Old School Mopar Warrior
Reaction score
For those of you fortunate enough to be running factory six packs, could you be so kind as to shoot a few shots of your setups and post them here? I'd appreciate it.

Here's a few.

Lee

MVC-855S.JPG

MVC-856S.JPG

Pic 10.jpg

Pic 19.jpg

do six packs make power when building an engine? or is it all just a cool factor?

i know they did from factory, but i mean now with all these new carbs coming out, would they have a better advantage over a single?

The only ref I have is what Mopar Muscle did some years back on the intake shoot out.
The 6-pak was excellent, but probably not worth the expense ever unless you "Want it" over a 4bbl. In theroy, it does have an advantage over a single 4 when running around town, but once you start upping the cam and porting heads, mileage be damned and gone.

The RPM took top honors. But in general, they all did well.

moparlee said:
Here's a few.

Lee

Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' 'bout!

Did you buy that setup as an aftermarket, and how do you like it? (driveability, tuneability, etc)

I pieced my together from new parts. I haven't got a chance to run it yet hopefully in the next few months.

Lee

I tried to resize some pictures, but there still too big to post. Send your E-mail addy, and I'll send a few I have. Or if anyone else can do it I'll send them their way too.
There is only one thing I don't like about the 6-packs. Its the huge Air Cleaner. It always covers up too much of the carbs and top of engine. If they made a smaller air cleaner that just fitted over the carbs and showed everything else, I'd be a Happy Camper!

While it's true for all-out power a good 4 bbl. on an air gap or similar manifold will make more power, there have been recent good news for us 6 packers. Barry Grant has a 3 x 2 bbl. demon set-up and ProMax just came out with modified metering plates for the center carb and plates for the end carbs that accept Holly replacable jets, instead of drilling out the factory non-jettable plates and hoping you get it right. I got lucky and bought my set-up along with a parts cars YEARS ago and paid squat for it....$250. But I had to replace the carbs and do LOTS of clean up.

But to be totally honest, nothing beats the "Holy ****....look at THAT!" reaction from people when they see it. And to be brutally honest, it runs real nice....

mocked1_jpg-vi.jpg

mocked2_jpg-vi.jpg

6BBL-vi.jpg

http://www.barrygrant.com/news/articles/products/product_019.aspx

http://promaxcarbs.bizland.com/Sixhome.chtml

FASTBACK340 said:
ProMax just came out with modified metering plates for the center carb and plates for the end carbs that accept Holly replacable jets, instead of drilling out the factory non-jettable plates and hoping you get it right. I got lucky and bought my set-up along with a parts cars YEARS ago and paid squat for it....$250. But I had to replace the carbs and do LOTS of clean up.

But to be totally honest, nothing beats the "Holy ****....look at THAT!" reaction from people when they see it. And to be brutally honest, it runs real nice....

mocked1_jpg-vi.jpg

mocked2_jpg-vi.jpg

6BBL-vi.jpg

http://www.barrygrant.com/news/articles/products/product_019.aspx

http://promaxcarbs.bizland.com/Sixhome.chtml

I like the look of that motor. I did the promax deal, you can see some of it the pictures above.

Lee

moparlee said:
I like the look of that motor.

Wait until I put the sheet metal valve covers on and get a chrome air cleaner lid....

SMVC1_jpg2-vi.jpg

I did the promax deal, you can see some of it the pictures above.

Lee

I'm going to try them...but it's ANOTHER $200. Maybe I'll get lucky when I go to Las Vegas this weekend....

I saw the Barry Grant Six Shooter setup.....It didn't look as good as the Mopar (Holley) setup visually, and appeared to be mechanical (progressive) linkage. It cost more, too, in the long run. Seems to me that there are a ton of two-barrel carbs lying around in trash barrels out there (Rochester, Carter, etc) that could be set up in a six-pack configuration (as in the old GM ("tri-power") for a lot less than these repro places want to gouge us for ($1800-$2000). Anybody got any custom setups they want to share, as long as we're on the subject?

B E A Utiful man....i'll stick with my single quad for now..lol..but my block is a #'s 340-6 pack soo...hmmmm

There's a place on E-bay called Atlantic Speed Performance Parts that advertises the carbs for a 340 for $914.88,
Holley still offers original list number Carburetors for highly collectible muscle cars. Over time these Carburetors have been nearly impossible to find, but no longer. These are NEW nearly exact reproductions of the originals.
Set Includes:
1 Holley Center carburetor # 0-4792
2 Holley outboard carburetors #0-4790

And 440 carbs for $972.88, Holley 1969-1970 Chrysler 440 Six Pack Carburetor Setup
Complete 6 pack carbs consisting of 3 BRAND NEW Holley carburetors
Set Includes:
1 Holley Center carburetor # 0-4144-1
2 Holley outboard carburetors #0-4365-1

There are others on there for single carbs individually.

FASTBACK340 said:
Wait until I put the sheet metal valve covers on and get a chrome air cleaner lid....

SMVC1_jpg2-vi.jpg

I'm going to try them...but it's ANOTHER $200. Maybe I'll get lucky when I go to Las Vegas this weekend....

Jesus John, the last time you were on showing off those valve covers, you promised everyone that you would put on some shorts.

Terry

Captainkirk said:
Anybody got any custom setups they want to share, as long as we're on the subject?

This is a setup I'm in the middle of putting together for a 440.I've used a 650 for the centre carb and a pair of 350s for the outboard carbs.I'll be making up progressive mechanical linkages and I'll have to build a custom air cleaner.

2nlfjwi.jpg

And for a bit of nostalgia here's a 6 pack setup I ran some 25 yrs ago.
Triple 45DCOE webers.

2qi46j9.jpg

do six packs make power when building an engine? or is it all just a cool factor?

i know they did from factory, but i mean now with all these new carbs coming out, would they have a better advantage over a single?
Lol! It wasn't just the extra A/F it was the ability to drive around on two barrels, on the center

plenty of stock/ super stock racers running 10's with a sb 6 pack. My mechanical direct connection setup with ported manifold pulls just as hard as my old 750DP single plane setup.

For my Demon if I decide to go back to true 340+6 G

6 pack 3.jpg
SS car. Real Mr Norms 6 pack setup
6 Pack 3.PNG

My '70 440 auto setup I've had since '78. It's looking for a new home..............

1682550635387.png

1682550751805.png

-
Back