skips 69 swinger resto

-
Well here it is all done and it turned out pretty good ,let me know what u think.Tried to keep it as stock as possible other than drive train and wheels as it was a numbers correct car when I got a hold of it ,I do have everything to turn it back to pure stock should I ever decide to go this route(can,t really imagine that).This f6 colour we put on is wild as it changes tones with the brightness of the day.The stroked 340 to 410 cu. in. and 6 pack set up is working real good for a first attempt at the jetting and timing, its a handfull to keep on the blacktop when you mash the pedal.She,s getting a gear change this week to 3:91 as the converter does not like the 3:23,s in it now.Had some bad luck on the first ride out as I got sucker punched by a man hole cover that split the moroso pan and put 8 qrts of Brad Penn oil on the road,shut er down immediately and called the tow truck ,man that hurt.Pulled the pan off and worked on repairing that the last few days and we are back in business now again and you can,t see that the pan had ever been hit.Have to keep a better eye on the trail ahead.:cheers:

Cheers!

Picture 660.jpg

Picture 661.jpg

Picture 662.jpg

Picture 663.jpg

Picture 664.jpg

Picture 666.jpg

Picture 667.jpg

Picture 669.jpg

Picture 671.jpg

Picture 657.jpg

What else is left to say?.... simply gorgeous. You have some serious talent Skip. My little guy is into ABody Mopars as well.

AidenCar.JPG

Thanks 65,I think my grandson is trying to tell me something like maybe he will be in the driver seat one day.
See ya at the spring fling in Mississauga if you and petty blue are going again this year.

Again, at the expense of repeating myself on this board for the umteenth time.. you can't beat F6 on a 69 Dart!! And these pics, although beautiful, just cant show the beauty of this color.. Fantastic work, and a stunning car.

I'm sure your grandson has already picked his inheritance lol..

Grant

the effort is a massive feat in and of itself. the cars are amazing. impressive(in my best darth vader).the accolades should fall around your cars everywhere you go. enjoy every little bit of it too. later on the young'uns will remember it forever. congrats. whats next for you? or are you gonna cool the engines for a spell? momma probably would dig it tho!

That's a sharp looking buggy you got there......

You're an inspiration to all that have followed your thread.Great job and beautiful car!8)

man, she looks gorgeous! your cars end up looking like they belong in magazine feature articles! absolutely immaculate! nice!

Thanks for the kind rermarks on my Dart project.Its nice to get compliments from you A body guys who have built and are building your own rides the way you like them.I have viewed many threads on this site and am amazed at the skill and knowledge that many of you have.Thanks again.
Now its back to chasing gremlins on this Dart, this one has been testing my patience,- on startup the brand new converter spit off a balance wieght that got rolled up like a cornchip by the ring gear(tought the motor blew as the sound was pretty harsh) and came out the inspection cover before I could get to the kill switch,so it was yank the tranny again and weld it back on the converter properly this time as the guys at TCI obviously could not do it!#@%*--then it was not charging-Replaced the regulator ok now--Then the oil pan mishap--now have a leak at rear of the pan so its off with the pan again--not that I don't have better things to do.
Trying to keep a happy face thru all of this stuff.
Ok enough wining back to work.

what rear axles did u use in that car and drums for 4.5 bolt pattern thanks

Hey Steve 340-- used moser axles on both darts c/w bearings pressed on, they fit with no hassles with the stock brakes and backing plates.
With the stock drums u simply redrill the 1/2"- 4.5 bolt circle between the existing 4" bolt pattern and slip em back on.
Later.

I have been waiting to see what it looked like in the sun. I still dont remember mine looking this good lol what size wheels and tires you put in there and do you know the mix of the paint. thanks

Hay Skip, Beautiful cars. We will have to talk some time

Kenny

Skip,
where are you finding the water neck and or spacer with the fittings for extra temp/fan senders?

The tires are M/T Sportsman street radials 28x10x15 on the back 26x6x15 on the front.Wheels are Billet specialties Vintecs same as on my black dart only they are 17". As far as paint codes go Adam R listed the PPG base coat qt. code in a 11/13/08 dicussion this is the same formula we used for f6.

Gary

V-C could not find what I wanted on the market so I made my own housing to suit my needs and the thermo coupling fitting that comes with the autometer temp gauge.I attached the drawing I made of it, maybe if you have a buddy in the machining bizz he could make one up for you as custom stuff is expens$ to make.

IMG.jpg

Very nice, thank you. I looked on line last night, and your right, they go for big dollars, and are real tall.

Hey V-C if you use that drawing the mounting holes should be 13/32 (.406) not .343 as shown as it mounts with 3/8 bolts not 5/16, forgot to revise the drwg.
Cheers

-
Back