skips 69 swinger resto

-
Congrats to the best in class award, very well deserved.
That´s an awesome Dart.

Making some progress on my F6 green Dart as per previous posts,getting it back from my painter guy this week, he once again did an outstanding job,I believe we got an exact match in the base clear for the F6 green.
Once home I will be dropping out the front and rear suspension for complete rebuild.
Leaving a lot of the original undercoating on this one as it was rust free underneath.
Not sure which way I will be going with this build yet but I will post with any progress that may take place over the next 8 months or so.

Cheers

IMG00008.jpg

IMG00009.jpg

IMG00010.jpg

Wow- what an inspiration! I am on the awful rusty other side of this experience and really enjoyed seeing you work- nice job! Awesome Mopar!

Man, I have a lot to learn/do.

Lookin Good Gary! I hope you took a bunch of pictures before you tore into it for me! LOL
Keep up the good work. I really like that car.

George

Lookin Good Gary! I hope you took a bunch of pictures before you tore into it for me! LOL
Keep up the good work. I really like that car.

George

Thanks from my fellow A-bodie enthusiasts,and yes it will be kinda cool when they are both out and about together,the only thing that scares me now is my wife has taken a sudden interest in this one but I think she will have a problem with the manual steering and Im sure it will be way to loud so the interest maybe short lived. Got some pictures George in case things get out of hand.

Gary

Hey also I saw that you are using the 4 piston disks on the front but it looked as though it was large bolt pattern. How exactly did you go about getting it large bolt and how did you do it and what parts did you use in the process.

Thanks for the help

Jeff

Hey also I saw that you are using the 4 piston disks on the front but it looked as though it was large bolt pattern. How exactly did you go about getting it large bolt and how did you do it and what parts did you use in the process.

Thanks for the help

Jeff

Hey Jeff, just got back from a week off.The front rotor and caliper kit I used is made by SSBC and is made for for the A body drum to disc conversion.You use your stock existing spindles.The rotors are drilled for either 4 or 4.5 BP you can press the 1/2" studs provided in either.The kit includes everything Master Cyl,hard lines, flex lines,wheel brgs,rotors and calipers,great kit easy to install.I paid about 1000.00.I used Moser Abody axles large bolt pattern c/w green bearings installed in the back using the stock drum setup, slid right in no hassles ,just had to redrill the drums.
Hope this helps.
Gary

Yeah I appreciate the help thanks. I like the 4piston Kelsey Hayes set up and am looking for an easy way to get it done.

Thanks
Jeff

This is where this dart is headed-the # correct 340 motor is being put away for a rainy day so it does't get a window in the block and is being replaced by a 340 R block stroked to 410 -six pack induction -forged internals approx 450 HP assembled by Stanton in the USA.The 727 will be built to accept the abuse.Keeping it mostly stock appearing otherwise with a black swinger stripe.Still undecided about a black six pack hood or not? and shelving the bulge hood for that rainy day should I ever decide to put it back to stock.(not much of a purist)Hope to have it complete for Late spring 2010.Did some wheel swapping off the black Dart just to see how it looks.I LIKE IT should be a fun ride.

assy 002.jpg

assy 004.jpg

assy 005.jpg

assy 006.jpg

assy 009.jpg

assy 013.jpg

assy 014.jpg

assy 015.jpg

assy 016.jpg

assy 017.jpg

man your cars and garage are just gorgeous! its gonna be real nice when its done! what wheels and tires you planning on going with?

man your cars and garage are just gorgeous! its gonna be real nice when its done! what wheels and tires you planning on going with?

Thanks mshred,going with Billet wheels of some sort - still trying to get a visual on that, and a drag radial and narrower front tire combo.
Had your 71 out for a test run yet?

Later

Nothing but a (Top of The Line) build. It's truly amazing what you have done on both cars. Absolutly beautiful cars.

Starting to put the engine stuff on, lots to learn with this six pack set up but it is interesting.
My 6 yr old grandson likes to get in and help if he can,Im passing along the mopar madness to him he just dosent know it yet.

assy 018.jpg

assy 019.jpg

assy 020.jpg

Your black car turned out badass. But if I ever had a 69 Dart, it would HAVE to be F6. This one is a stunner.

Grant

You sure are 1 Crazy Lunatic on the perfection side. You must be retired to have the time and energy to produce such AWSOME work......

TOP NOTCH, DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!

-
Back