Slant 6 Challenger on Craigslist

-
Be nice to see some pics. Not many slants made in a Challenger i don't think. I think it's worth the price but then again i haven't seen the car. Sounds like it's the right color. I'd like to see pictures.

"1970 chellanger" ..Whoops.

Sounds interesting. Wish I had that much scratch.

There were 10,657 slant six 70 challengers made. I paid $800 for the one I used to have back in 97-98.

I think i have seen one Slant 6 Challenger, about 25 yrs ago, and one slant 6 69 Charger in auto trader once.

You would think E bodys were made of solid gold. Some people are crazy. A bodys are better any way.

A slant was in a 69 charger and they was going to ripe it apart here in northeast Arkansas just north of me 15 years ago and it was snagged up by a buyer from a Memphis TN. A collector or a spotter at George ray's drag strip ask about the motor and it was in there shop, Dark green outside and inside paint, roomer was it is in Big daddies stable of cars.
I would think it would be best to leave it as a / and have one of very few made, auto a/c charger and the int was ripped up bad.
Challenger may be a different story, But I can't remember seeing a slant in one in my life time so it has got to be worth more and show better as a / Challenger

my pennies worth

Thats what the hillbilly that got it from me was going to do.

There is a guy in my area that has a 71 Challenger. He dropped a crate 426 in it to replace the smallblock. It was ok until the motor started twisting the frame. The car kind of sits funny now. The last I heard he was thinking of putting the smallblock back in it.

Has anyone seen any pictures of the car? Thanks for the stats Scamp. You're always a come through kinda guy. I'll call the # and see if he has any pics for us. I emailed him so now we're waiting for his reply. I did see some time ago, a rag top /6 on ebay for $42000. You know whoever bought it would slam a hemi in it and ask $100000. I'm like Mike on this. I'd have to leave it a /. Might be tough to find another.

I would keep it bone stock and let all the other people yank out the slants and drop in 440's or Hemi's like everyone else. Then just wait for the market to get flooded with Hemi and 440 challengers (like it is getting now) and laugh my *** off the day a stock slant six challenger is worth more than a hemi car because it's the only one left.

I know a guy who owns a /6 Challenger convertible. What really sets it apart is that among other options, it's a High Impact color, and has a/c and power windows. I wonder how many they made like that?
Dallas

if you are looking for one look in denver. there has been a few that have to go so they are cheap. a original 340 car in project shape with a running 318 in it and the orig 340 needing heads for $8000. great deal i think but again i never saw the car. but there has been a few similar to that one.

i saw one /6 70 Challenger a few years back was for sale for $650.. needed restored and had a 3 speed on the floor...had bad 1/4's but came with another shell with good 1/4's... passed on it because i was doing the v8 convertion on my dart. to this day i wish i had never passed it up

I've had a couple of 70 Challenger /6 cars. One ended up in the scrap yard after I picked it apart, the other went to a local guy that used it as parts to get his race car back on the road. I also nearly bought a /6 Challenger Ragtop back in the late 80's/early 90's. It was a really clean car. Triple white. Not sure what ended up happening to it.

I have personally seen this car, nice in every aspect. It's a shame that it will probly end up a hacked hemi car.

TF

So the question of the day.....​

Is it worth more as a slant 6 car then it would be with a 440 / 727?

Can the VIN alone determine it to be a /6 car?

Most People even Mopar enthustiasts do not truly realise the awesomeness of the Slant six...

In fact part of this was due to Ma Mopar... who kept a lot of info under wraps becasue it was feared that if word got out the humble Slant six might steal some of the Thunder and sales market from the Mighty Hemi!

Chrysler under rated the slant sixes intentionally, at one point they even made a prototype diesel slant six that wasn't even beefed up at the main webs because of how strong they were... pretty amazing when you consider gas six was maybe 10.5:1 compression ratio and a diesel is 23:1 compression ratio

Long before the winged cars getting Mopar sanctioned out of circle track racing for having too winning of a design with the 69 Charger Daytona and the 70 Superbird for the second time in 10 years (interesting I thought racing was all about winning without cheating LOL)

Note that this car is stated to be a NUMBERS MATCHING original and since not that many E Bodys were made with the slant six destroying such a huge part of important Mopar history would be a shame

Did you know that the races of 61 & 62 only had a cubic inch engine size limit not a # of cylinders... Engines were limited to 250 cubes and under...

Chevy had Chevy II's and Ford had Falcon's, both with 6 cylinders but they couldn't even come close to the slant six Valiants and Lancers...

By 1962 Buick and Oldsmobile had Special Aluminum block V8's in 215 cubic inches....

Interesting thing the Mighty Slant sixes were so fast that even against GM"s new lighter V8 engines Mopars stomped them so bad

Wide World of Sports declared the race series.. "the most Boring Races In Racing History" because the cars at the lead of the pack all looked the same and lap after lap little to no difference in leaders.

Spooling ahead to the Trans Am races of the late 60's and 70's.... I have strong reason to believe that Mopar made a huge mistake on the E Body entries...

Trans Am racing cu in restrictions placed a 302 cu in limit on engines....

So for the E body entry for 70/71 a destroked 318 was used this engine ended up being a dog when compared to normal Mopars performance...

I believe that if Mopar had opted to use the slant six instead its likely to have been far more competitve than using the sickly 318 combo. this conclusion is based on the Slant sixes trouncing the GM V8s in 61 & 62

I think they are asking way to much for the car. But I cant look at it. I just think the E-bodies are way over priced. I'm glad I've never been into them. I've always owned A-bodies. And 1 C-body.

-
Back