Slant 6 shroud in my 360 barracuda.

-

cudaspaz

Reaction score
After much debate I decided to use a fan blade over an electric fan.

The only available shroud I had was from a 76 slant 6 dart.

I fabbed up some brackets and put it on as best as I could make it fit.

I still have a gap at the top and bottom of the shroud so I need ideas as to what I should use to cover the gaps between the radiator and shroud.

I was thinking some flexible thin sheetmetal or something similar.
I will paint everything semi flat when finished to make it look uniform.

I took it for a test drive and I stayed nice and cool the whole trip.
I think the fan is sucking pretty good because the blades were nice and hot to the touch after I shut it down, but I know I can get some better cooling out of it if I fill those gaps in.

Any ideas?
Keeping in mind, I am not extremely concerned with looks as I am in functionality.

Yes, ultimately I want to try to find a custom fit shroud that will fit this radiator perfectly, but for now, I am having fun in the garage playing with stuff.

1-8.jpg

2-2.jpg

3-3.jpg

Dude, It dont look right to me. Maybe it's just the pic but the shroud looks upside down. Is it covering one of the tanks ?

i bought 1 from moparts i think it was $89 works and fits good i just posted pics today in a thread i started fits much better than that

Yeah, it passes over the right side tank but it has to so the fan will line up in the hole.

It's working pretty godd, but I'm sure could be better with the gaps filled in.

I will eventually track down a correct shroud but for now, I'm not spending any more money.LOL.

Is there a website for shrouds for Griffin radiators?

My son and i are using his original slant six shroud on the 360 we swapped in. To get the opening centered on the fan we flipped the shroud over 180 deg. and had to trim only about 1/2" piece off to clear around the lower radiator hose. Even the mounting holes lined up perfectly with the original bolt locations.

Jerry

My son and i are using his original slant six shroud on the 360 we swapped in. To get the opening centered on the fan we flipped the shroud over 180 deg. and had to trim only about 1/2" piece off to clear around the lower radiator hose. Even the mounting holes lined up perfectly with the original bolt locations.

Jerry

That's cool.
I take it you are using a factory stock radiator?

Thehroud shouldn't need to cover the tanks. I'd like to see that shroud flipped and / or why it wouldn't fit better flipped.

i think you would do better to lose the flex fan and put a stock fan on there. with a proper fan you could probably get rid of the shroud and still get decent cooling.
-Tim

Those aftermarket radiators are tought to get shrouds on. They help, and they're worth the trouble if you still have cooling issues. I'd take it off, se how it goes, and if it doesn't cool properl, I'd put it back on.

Clutch fan? I've put together ones by measuring the shroud openning, deduct about 3/4-1" for clearance (engine rock), find one a 'yard, cleaner 'er up, and then buy a new clutch assembly. Not 100% factory looking, but it is reliable and works.

-
Back