Slant 6 to 360 Swap

-

jar84203

Reaction score
I have a 71 Duster with a 225 slant six and was planning on swapping in a 360. Would purchasing one from one of the various remanufacturing companies be a good idea? Also would the current 904 be able to handle/bolt up to the 360? Thanks.

The slant six 904 won't bolt up to your small block 360. You need to find a small block 904, or possibly locate a 727.

I have no opinion on crate engines, I got mine out of my parents' Dodge Maxi-van. :hello1:

I have a 71 Duster with a 225 slant six and was planning on swapping in a 360. Would purchasing one from one of the various remanufacturing companies be a good idea? Also would the current 904 be able to handle/bolt up to the 360? Thanks.

that is a slant six only 904, youll have to find one for a small block. As far as engines go, id rather build my own. mopar sells a 360 crate, that is supposed to be alright but not the most powerful thing ever made. Depends on how much money you want to spend.

I was lucky and found a rebuilt 360/904 combo on Kijiji.com for $800,it,s the same as Graigs list.It was the cheaper route and I installed myself,runs great!

re and re of 66 Dart 004.jpg

A create engine is nice, build one yourself is better IMO and more fun. You could make more power for less doing it yourself.

-
Back