-
Status
Not open for further replies.

LinconSr

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I have a 1968 Dart 2 door sedan with a 170 slant six, just had the valves adjusted but was told that my carburetor is cracked, cannot rebuild.

I need a replacement carburetor!

Can anyone advise/or have for sale on a good replacement carb? Bob from Bob's Carbs in Oceanside, CA said that Holley makes a good double pumper for this car.

Can anyone shed some light on this subject for me?

Semper Fi Gentlemen...

that guy is a tool... take it somewhere else and try again, or better yet post pics...

An opportune time to consider a different intake. Read up on the "Super Six" intake swap. The Carter BBD carb used there is very common and easy to adjust. Another is a 4 bbl aluminum intake w/ the smallest 4 bbl carb you can find.

If staying with the factory 1 bbl manifold, if you have a Holley 1920 carb, those tend to be more of a crap-shoot since they have an internal metering block that is hard or impossible to rebuild. Some say they can blow debris out. The Carter BBS is very similar to the BBD, though less common. The Holley 1945 was used in later slants, and some swear by it. I think Holley made an Economaster carb for the slant in the 1980's, which should give better mileage and shouldn't be restrictive for a 170 motor.

I have a super six intake and carburetor That I plan on cleaning up and rebuilding to sell, but I don't have them ready yet.

I have a holley 1 barrel I can give you. Probably needs a rebuild but I've never run it so I don't know.

I have a bunch of factory holley's that I could give you but I don't need another enemy.The super six is a big improvement over the single Holley.I don't remember anyone complaining about the power and tuning improvement

Devil Dog, Drive on up to the LTA base in Tustin and ill hand you a running 1920 1bbl. Thats only about 45 minutes north of you.

Semper Fi.
Weapons Co. 1/9
"Walking Dead"

the guy who told you a double pumper on slant 6 would work is an idiot, way too much fuel!

thanks for helping him out , if it doesn't work out for you I too have a 1920 I can give you . had two but running one on 225 while I rebuild 318

picked up a carb from pisha this morning, thanks Devil Dog!

To everyone else, thank you for your help and knowledge...

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back