slant six harmonic balancer bolt

-

ronnierey

Reaction score
could anyone please tell me the size of the bolt that goes in the harmonic balancer on a 225 slant six? I believe it is a fine thread.

It's the same as the small blocks and big blocks,other than the length, something people don't know is that the dampner is the same on all chryslers. The difference is the location of the timing marks and the key way, which is easily remidied. Put the key where it go's and reindicate the timing marks. Done deal............

BJR Racing

BJR Racing said:
something people don't know is that the dampner is the same on all chryslers.

BJR Racing

The dampers are different between the cast crank and forged crank motors, and cannot be interchanged, on the V-8 engines. The BB forged crank damper will work on a slant six, but the pulleys will not be aligned. This is not a problem on a race motor, but causes clearence problems on an "early" A-body street car. There is no difference in the dampers for the cast crank and forged crank slant six. Only the location of the timing mark.

Sorry, I should have been clearer on what I was saying. The size and the ID and the OD are the same on all chryslers. Yes it's true that the cast and forged cranks are different dampners. Due to internal and external balancing.

BJR Racing

-
Back