Slant Six Hemi!!

-
2 5.7 heads put together? that would be cool. could it also possibly be the head from the aussie hemi 6 on a slant?

Bore centers are discussed a little in the HAMB thread. I don't know a whole lot about it other than what's in that thread. Note the FirePower valve cover.

hemislantsix.JPG

if it is possible to weld to 5.7 heads together why not 6.1's :read2:?? them with some boost or e85 a slant would be an easy 500hp!

if it is possible to weld to 5.7 heads together why not 6.1's :read2:?? them with some boost or e85 a slant would be an easy 500hp!

5.7's flow almost 300cfm stock... And they are a lot cheaper and more common... CNC machining is available to take them up to like 320cfm. So really its not even worth it.

That was a hot item a year or so ago. I believe it has been proven to be bogus.

So no idea of how much power it made?

I read the the links...

If you want a 6 with big power an reliability,
Shove a bmw m3 motor into a lil a body...
That oughta fly!

250 odd killowats,standard!
From a 6 ;)

yea can't really find much on it... but using an M3 motor?! just use a FORD 300!

u get the point...

That was a hot item a year or so ago. I believe it has been proven to be bogus.

Do remember a thread over on .com (r.i.p. ) about a guy trying to adapt a Jag head onto a slant? It was so long ago that I can't remember the specifics, I think he got hung up on reworking the water passages.

They are the 5.7l hemi, new stuff. The thread died off with no real proof it worked.. If you look at the link that Walpolla put up you can see pics of it and can see the cuts in the head. Said he epoxied it together.

TF

agreed! no i havn't found anything else on it but still have lots of questions!

If you read the post that is linked and look at the dates of the post, I think it been dead for some time. I hope he pops up and proves us wrong but i'm not holding my breath...

TF

Uhh, if those are two 5.7L Hemi heads, why, oh WHY is there only one spark plug per cylinder?

yea can't really find much on it... but using an M3 motor?! just use a FORD 300!

u get the point...

No i dont get the point.
Do elaborate.

Does the ford 300 have 350 hp DEAD standard
in natural aspirated form an on pump gas?

No i dont get the point.
Do elaborate.

Does the ford 300 have 350 hp DEAD standard
in natural aspirated form an on pump gas?

I think his point is, if you're going to drop a non-Mopar engine in a Mopar, why limit yourself? In fact, the small block Chevy would be even cheaper and easier. If you're making such a radical change, who cares if it's still a six?

FYI, some people would consider what you suggest heresy. I'm not personally offended, but I still wouldn't DREAM of dropping a non-Mopar engine in my Swinger. If I wanted an M3 engine, I'd buy an M3.

-
Back