Slant Six Holley 1920 to Holley 7448

-

Rustmaan

Reaction score
I recently bought a 1971 dodge demon with a slant six and am not inherently a mopar guy (first one). I need to pull the head check to see if it is still straight and install a new head gasket, but while it is off I want to install a super six intake or an aussie speed one with a Holley 7448 with a manual choke. The current 1920 is leaking fuel, has a broken choke cable and is missing the throttle return spring and the kickdown linkage spring. I however can not find a good parts list for what I need to do this, such as am I going to need a new kickdown linkage, what am I going to need for springs, do I need any special parts to connect the throttle cable? Any help is greatly appreciated.

IMO a Holley one or two barrel with the exception of the 2300 series 350 and 500 should bounce right into the trash can in favor of a Carter BBD. Just my humble opinion.

IMO a Holley one or two barrel with the exception of the 2300 series 350 and 500 should bounce right into the trash can in favor of a Carter BBD. Just my humble opinion.
I say holley 7448 just because I have a couple laying around off of dirt track cars, but I really dont know much about mopars so Im looking for some help on how to put this build together

I say holley 7448 just because I have a couple laying around off of dirt track cars, but I really dont know much about mopars so Im looking for some help on how to put this build together
It's "MY" personal opinion that the Carter BBD is MUCH easier to work with and MUCH less complex. Opinions vary, as they say. lol

Yes, it certainly appears so. I would make SURE it is a REAL Carter reman and not a new one. All the new ones are Chinese knockoffs and not the highest of quality.
Awesome will do! Also one other question, do you by chance know which, bouchillon kickdown set up I would need, I think it’s a 3350 but I don’t want to accidentally order the wrong one?

Awesome will do! Also one other question, do you by chance know which, bouchillon kickdown set up I would need, I think it’s a 3350 but I don’t want to accidentally order the wrong one?
Now that I do not know. Lemmie go look.

I believe that will do it, but call them and be dang sure. They're mighty proud of it, but I like Bouchillon stuff. It's WAY better quality than crappy Lokar.

-
Back