Slant six hps silicone radiator hoses ?

-

76dart/6

Reaction score
Hello all,
I've chatted with a guy over at hps silicone hose company about them making slant six radiator hoses in silicone. They say they would need interest from 20 people from a single forum or 5 people from different sources for them to consider this .
So my question is :
Are there any individuals here on FABO that would be interested in a silicone radiator hose specific for the slant six engine. ?
I'm not interested in your opinion about rubber vs. silicone hoses . I'm just after any interest in a silicone radiator hose set from HPS . Thanks for reading .

truck, a body, b body, with ac, w/o ac, there is no one size fits all..... even though all of these applications could have had a /6

I work at a Continental plant, used to be Goodyear plant. They used to produce hoses here, but sent all production to Mexico years ago. We used to be able to get custom (silicone and some other type hoses made). Our silicone hose used to be light blue, then they had a darker blue hose called blue peroxide, and a black peroxide, and the standard black hose. Many friends would get the blue silicone hoses made for their cars. After a few years, the silicone would start turning a tan color-ugly! I always liked the darker blue peroxide myself. Also with any silicone hose you need to use the clamps with the solid backing or the silicone wouldn't squeeze out of the worm gear slots. Any questions? Fire away.

I don't have an opinion about rubber vs silicone hoses, since I don't know the difference. Since we cannot discuss that within the rules of your thread, then I'm not interested.

Not sure why folks in the slant community gotta be so prissy
I don't have an opinion about rubber vs silicone hoses, since I don't know the difference. Since we cannot discuss that within the rules of your thread, then I'm not interested.
Never said you couldn't state the differences in materials I said I don't care for your opinions on the materials

I work at a Continental plant, used to be Goodyear plant. They used to produce hoses here, but sent all production to Mexico years ago. We used to be able to get custom (silicone and some other type hoses made). Our silicone hose used to be light blue, then they had a darker blue hose called blue peroxide, and a black peroxide, and the standard black hose. Many friends would get the blue silicone hoses made for their cars. After a few years, the silicone would start turning a tan color-ugly! I always liked the darker blue peroxide myself. Also with any silicone hose you need to use the clamps with the solid backing or the silicone wouldn't squeeze out of the worm gear slots. Any questions? Fire away.
Yea I know about the clamps but back in the day when I didn't know about them I would curse silicone hoses up a storm. But now I use them in my daily job as a EV battery manufacturer and if taking all required precautions silicone can be a good option.

What application we talking...price point? Anything is better than the flex hoses we all seem to end up using on top.

truck, a body, b body, with ac, w/o ac, there is no one size fits all..... even though all of these applications could have had a /6
I have only discussed the A body with folks at hps. I've used their hoses in the past with success and that's how the slant even got brought up . I was ordering some hose for my 3vze 4runner and just asked about the slant .

What application we talking...price point? Anything is better than the flex hoses we all seem to end up using on top.
Exactly why I brought up the slant when I was talking with those guys at hps. I hate the way flex hose looks .

-
Back