Slant Six ****

-

Johnny Dart

Reaction score
I have been building a Slant motor along with the A833 for my 65 Dart.
Although not the original motor,the A833 is. The motor has a built cylinder head. Shaved,ported,big valves,340 springs,along with a Erson cam. Clifford intake/headers, Ede 500,pertronix ign.

Got it all in the car with the help of my good buddy Dave (66 Valiant Dave)
from the site. Thats him hanging out in the middle of the engine bay for no aparent reason..lol

Fired it up last night,with the first twist of the key. Did the 2000rpm 1/2hr break in. Things look/sound great.Still got some loose ends to finish,but am pretty happy where it is.Looking forward to see what this thing will do. Anyways here are some pics of it.
Hope you like.

Attachments

• 1965 Dart 024.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 658
  • 1965 Dart 008.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 662
  • 1965 Dart 027.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 642
  • 1965 Dart 029.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 638
  • 1965 Dart 035.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 643
  • 1965 Dart 037.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 694
  • 1965 Dart 038.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 610
  • 1965 Dart 041.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 640
  • 1965 Dart 045.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 674
I Like
I like it allot

Thank you for sharing a great / build Johnny Dart =D>=D>
You have a Tiger there Johnny :notworth::color: and I am not talking about 66 Valiant Dave trapped in your car :grin:
You do know I had to save a picture or three for my "how to do it right'' book :D

I Like
I like it allot

You have a Tiger there Johnny :notworth::color: and I am not talking about 66 Valiant Dave trapped in your car :grin:
You do know I had to save a picture or three for my "how to do it right'' book :D

Thank you Mike.....
Just trying to keep up with that bad boy / you put together.....:grin:

Thanks to everyone else for the great compliments...In your face,I like that....:grin:

Dang, that is the Shiznit. I got mine together, went with the industrial red and white ceramic exhaust and a lowly Holley 350 2bbl. Stock cam, hope it runs as good as yours looks! Ill be looking for it at the Fling. Mines gonna pass, too soon for a shakedown run. Tell me what jetting works with that carb, I have one and an intake, but opted to go to the 2bbl first, from the 1bbl.

Can you water heat that intake with those plugs? Might be a good idea for driveablilty, even in So. Cal. Couldnt hurt. That is the main gripe I hear about aftermarket intakes for the slant, no heat.

Thanks to everyone else for the great compliments...In your face,I like that....:grin:

I've liked your car since the first time I saw it. :thumrigh: I always thought it looked like it belonged to a guy who really didn't want to hear =; how somebody else would have done it. [-( It kinda' screams "This is MY car! You don't like it? :thefinge:"

I Like
I like it allot

now i got another one memike! turn the carb lol...

Can you water heat that intake with those plugs? Might be a good idea for driveablilty, even in So. Cal. Couldnt hurt. That is the main gripe I hear about aftermarket intakes for the slant, no heat.

i wouldn't run water thru the manifold unless its getting colder than 50* or so, being in so-cal i wouldn't worry about it...... and also you forget those nice headers get hot...

Holly crap thats awesome.............I like the black out grill on the dart and the engine looks like it will make that dart fly....kudos..

Love everything about it - headers, mini-starter, custom throttle bracket. You have to be really smart to build-up a hot slant - few "buy from Summit" solutions. Only thing different, I might have gone with clear alum for the Clifford intake just to show it off. I hope the 500 cfm isn't too big, especially at low rpm.

I love the "lift the car" engine installation. Like the movie "The Gods Must Be Crazy" where he uses the Land Rover wench to lift it for maintenance.

I've liked your car since the first time I saw it. :thumrigh: I always thought it looked like it belonged to a guy who really didn't want to hear =; how somebody else would have done it. [-( It kinda' screams "This is MY car! You don't like it? :thefinge:"

Thats funny you say that,because thats kind of the way I look at it with some builds.

You dont like it ? Perfect.....8)

Yes,the intake can be run with water circulating through it. No need here in Cali,everything warms up just fine.....8)

I also look at it as one less thing to go wrong. Kind of the keep it simnple approach.

Car and motor are looking killer. Just wondering if you have a build thread for the motor Johnny.
Very well done.....

I'm waitin on Bill Dedman to reply and ask................................

wait for it...........................................................................

"Where's the turbo?"

Sorry Bill, I couldn't help myself. LOL

Nice job on the motor especially. After installing a V-8 on a fully assembled K-member from down under, I wouldn't want to do it any other way.

Yes,the intake can be run with water circulating through it. No need here in Cali,everything warms up just fine.....8)

I also look at it as one less thing to go wrong. Kind of the keep it simnple approach.
The same here in Arkansas, I drove mine in 25 degree weather just a couple of times and all I had to do was give it a few minutes to warm up then it was ready to :burnout:

-
Back