slantsix help

-

bigus1949

Reaction score
i want to know if there is a way to put a 727 trans on my slantsix and what exactly do i need to do to put one in. thnx all, mike

They made an adapter years ago for trucks. Question is why? 904 can be built and is less parasitic.

PS> if you can find a van with a slant 70-88 good chance there will be a 727/6 in it, look for kickout on trans pan.

My slant truck has the 727, they are out there

Yes, But it actually depends on what year engine. 67 or older engine would require the Mopar Adapter that allows the use of a small block 727. 68 up engine could use the Mopar adapter, or use a slant six 727 trans. But as asked previously asked, WHY? The only reason that would make sense to me would be in a truck or something similar.

The adapters were also used on police and taxi heavy duty packages with slant six engines, but I agree that a 904 behind a slant is a much better setup and less expensive.

The adapters were also used on police and taxi heavy duty packages with 318 engines, but I agree that a 904 behind a slant is a much better setup and less expensive.

Gary, I think you are incorrect (not positive). I know the adapters were used on Police, taxi, and some "fleet" vehicles, but with the slant six. The Pre 67 318 was the "poly" 318, different then the 318 LA. Pretty sure these engines had a 727 available, so no need for an adapter.

Correct me if I am wrong

Oops! It should have been "slant", instead of "318"...fixed it.

-
Back