slanty parts

-

Thumpower

Reaction score
Anybody know if there is a wrecking yard in SoCal that might have some parts for slants? I need a few odds and ends (head bolts, rocker shaft bolts, etc.)

If you want to drive to Escondido I'll give you an almost complete slant engine. It has new motor mounts, new fuel pump, new water pump, new oil pump and new timing chain and gears. I'll also throw in a slant 904 trans and converter. Its all posted in the for trade section.
Kevin

post a wanted ad here bud there are members that have slants just laying around and may be able to help you .

Thanks, Mopar74, I may take you up on it, but I've got a complete rebuilt slant on my stand; just need a few missing parts. PO left the head off so that I could inspect and verify that it was actually rebuilt, and apparently misplaced some parts. Some stuff I can just buy at the hardware store, but the little jobbies that go under the rocker shaft bolts are a MOPAR only item and I won't find them at the Autozone... Also, I need a rocker cover. I could pull these off the slant in my Dart, but I want to keep it movable until I'm done with building the replacement.

I'm sure you wouldn't want me just picking parts off your complete engine...

Dave

Its here if you need it, you're more than welcome to come and take what you need. I have been trying to get it gone for a couple of months now, just can't seem to find it in me to call the junk man to come and get it when there are a bunch of good parts and pieces to take off it.
Kevin

there's a spot in sun valley just off the 5. they've got a chrysler section. i saw a couple of old a-bodies there last summer.

I glanced at the thread title and thought it said "slutty parts". I thought for a minute there it was gonna be a fun thread.

Complete factory /6 head bolt/rocker shaft set.

Sent you a PM.

Attachments

• IMG_20141223_124019006.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 139
-
Back