sleepers....how fast and how plain before it is one?

-
My car is the exact opposite of a sleeper, loud exhaust, with the high compression ping, full cage and X brace in the rear window, prostock wing, skinny front runners, drag slicks AND tail stripe.
I want folks to know they better bring it, cuz I'm leaving the light HARD. I want the guy in the Vett, maro, or what ever to leave with all he's got or it's just not that fun. I'm not trying be first to the next light with trickery..... I use plan old reaction time, HP and traction...

:)

My car is the exact opposite of a sleeper, loud exhaust, with the high compression ping, full cage and X brace in the rear window, prostock wing, skinny front runners, drag slicks AND tail stripe.
I want folks to know they better bring it, cuz I'm leaving the light HARD. I want the guy in the Vett, maro, or what ever to leave with all he's got or it's just not that fun. I'm not trying be first to the next light with trickery..... I use plan old reaction time, HP and traction...

:)
Does that make it a snoozer?

Walking through the staging lanes at Famoso. Nice '67 Camaro sitting there. N50s on it, look inside, single hoop roll bar, no back seat, but nicely finished, stock bucket chairs, and hand controls. "Now isn't that cool?" I think to myself. Walk around the front got his 10.1 dial in shoe polished on. I examined more closely. Extensive traction mods made on the rear. Heading back to the race car there is a young fellow in a wheel chair sitting next to the Camaro. We chatted briefly, he says "I'm from San Fernando Valley, this car is how I make my living. 9.50s on slicks." Just your average looking Camaro.

So if there is something that will catch my eye and not from a distant visual is a car that is extremely fast with Cast Iron heads these days..... Each brand had their own flavor but if you look around at the tracks everything just about has aluminum heads.... It's just something I pay attention to more after having my hands on a set of GM BBC Rectangular port heads (cast iron) that were CNC'd by Sonny's. Can't remember all the numbers but something in the low 360's on the intake side. That's a serious head and with the right combination and would easily be a single digit pass in a street car. That's just a components of what I call sleeper.....

The patina look makes no difference really.... If someone hears whoosh (lol) in an older car more than likely something is going to happen and run pretty good...

JW

well those head flow numbers are about what my stock truck heads flow on my dart. sorry they dont make a cast iron head for my engine. i guess i could pain them and call it a 352?

-
Back