sleepers....how fast and how plain before it is one?

-

turbofreek

batcrap crazy racing team
Reaction score
i kind of consider my dart to be a sleeper. yes you can see the cage at some angles. yes it has a chute(but it is removable with ease to conceal it).
so what would you guys consider a true sleeper of sorts? 10 sec, 9s, 8s?? how fast and how simple looking does it have to be?? i think just decieving the masses it is a sleeper.
please discuss and share a sleeper you believe to be one and how fast it is or is gonna be.

mine below for starters high 7s once its worked out. 8s probably in the first couple of hits. yet i onoy intend to run the 1/8 so mid 5s to start mid 4s is the goal.

20180322_190319.jpg

gallery_1292_209_1902616.jpg

Last edited:
I dont know man. A big tire car a sleeper? I admit, it has the look otherwise. Cool car.

A sleeper, in my book, looks stock, as stock as possible and runs like your *** is on fire and then some.

Once you put bigger tires in the car, you loose the sleeper sneak attack. Wider tires with a minimal sized difference would not be a cause of alarm or concern for myself. Also exhaust, The quieter, the better for a sleeper. While you mention speed, it isn’t Paramount that it’s like be 9 seconds quick, just a HELL of a lot quicker that you have a thought it would be considering it’s near stuck appearance.

I think a great example of what a sleeper looks like but runs is a FAST category car. Though that is t the end all to what a sleeper can be. The more the car deceives it’s abilty, the more of a sleeper it is.

Your big tire car is NOT a sleeper. It is an advertiser!

I dont know man. A big tire car a sleeper? I admit, it has the look otherwise. Cool car.
it is only on 275/60x15s with an 8in wheel and leaf springs. not a huge wheel under the car. bjt it is a muscle car so it is gonna have that 80s look to it.

it is only on 275/60x15s with an 8in wheel and leaf springs. not a huge wheel under the car. bjt it is a muscle car so it is gonna have that 80s look to it.

Sure does look bigger, I guess cause you cannot see the inside edge.

When I see a tire that big I know your packing something more. How much more is the question.
If your a quite car ripping 8’s with only a tire like that and a low rumble that is of an average kind or less, you make sleeper. But not with the parachute!!!!

When I see a tire that big I know your packing something more. How much more is the question.
If your a quite car ripping 8’s with only a tire like that and a low rumble that is of an average kind or less, you make sleeper. But not with the parachute!!!!
parachute comes off along with its mount in less than a minute. gonna tint the windows quiet as all get out. twin turbo hemi and mufflered to boot. cam.wont even give off much profile to boot. will run 4 in the 1/8 eventually. 5s to start with.

i kind of consider my dart to be a sleeper. yes you can see the cage at some angles. yes it has a chute(but it is removable with ease to conceal it).
so what would you guys consider a true sleeper of sorts? 10 sec, 9s, 8s?? how fast and how simple looking does it have to be?? i think just decieving the masses it is a sleeper.
please discuss and share a sleeper you believe to be one and how fast it is or is gonna be.

mine below for starters high 7s once its worked out. 8s probably in the first couple of hits. yet i onoy intend to run the 1/8 so mid 5s to start mid 4s is the goal.

View attachment 1715220486

View attachment 1715220496
you won't be fooling anyone with your Dart.

a 67 Dodge station wagon with 500 cubes and nitrous. lol
that is just to loud and to deep a tone to pull off....wait its a mopar. it already has a "wont run faster than 12s" outsider looking in perspective. that is where i come from looking at sleepers anyways. something that is just not the norm of being extremely fast on a regular basis.

To me, a sleeper has to look stock. Squeak a little bigger tire if you can. 2 door is pushing it.

I would say not a sleeper. It's a purposely built race car put back on the street.. Good thing it's got a cage. You will probably test it out. With what you have planned you will have a hard time keeping the tires under it at the strip. I see troubles on the street. Make sure you take videos.

I would say not a sleeper. It's a purposely built race car put back on the street.. Good thing it's got a cage. You will probably test it out. With what you have planned you will have a hard time keeping the tires under it at the strip. I see troubles on the street. Make sure you take videos.
lmao. you would be amazed how well holley efi traction control works. wheel speed controls do a lot more than just keep the car planted amd pulling.

lmao. you would be amazed how well holley efi traction control works. wheel speed controls do a lot more than just keep the car planted amd pulling.
You're getting pretty sophisticated! That's a cool thing. A buddy has a new Demon and all the controls on that thing make it lots of fun. The Holley system must use a anti-lock type unit. You must have 4 wheel disc? What rear axle?

parachute comes off along with its mount in less than a minute. gonna tint the windows quiet as all get out. twin turbo hemi and mufflered to boot. cam.wont even give off much profile to boot. will run 4 in the 1/8 eventually. 5s to start with.
What is that in 1/4 mile terms?
After reading the build, I think you can get the sleeper tag. I’ll assume that you don’t get the whistle until under power and mufflers afterwards must keep it real silent.

brag, not fact , yet .

That car doesn't have enough doors to be a sleeper.​
The tires are borderline, the cage stands out immediately but with tinted glass could be hidden, but that also betrays the sleeper look.
Stance is a big part of it too

Get some pinstripe tape and "add" two more doors

Sleeper is like Rat Rod. Where does it start and where does it end.

-
Back