Sliders on kirkey seats

-

MOPARCODY

Reaction score
So I’m way too fat to get in and out of my duster with a fixed seat and would like to know if anyone has adapted any type of sliders to a kirkey seat

TIA

Removable wheel?

I haven't done it on a kirky but i have put all types of tracks on all types of seat. Its normal quite easy.

If you have the aluminum angle mou ts that kirky uses just bolt that to your slider and bolt slider to floor. Done.

Removable wheel?

I haven't done it on a kirky but i have put all types of tracks on all types of seat. Its normal quite easy.

it would be nice to find a company that make sliders that bolt to the oem holes

If you have the aluminum angle mou ts that kirky uses just bolt that to your slider and bolt slider to floor. Done.

This is what I have now it works great but it’s very hard to get into

F048215E-C955-4BC0-BDF7-0F31534DAC89.jpeg

A1333090-F927-41D9-8458-46AD6A188851.jpeg

You need a removable steering wheel.

That is a full race seat. In fact if you had the cage in the car ment to be around that seat it would be even easier.

That is not a easy in, easy out kinda seat.

That seat works like this.

Remove wheel.
Grab door bar.
Push *** out with door bar.
Flop leg over door bar.
Put *** on door bar.
Next leg out.
Spin around and stand up.

There are swivel seat bases you can buy. BUT, I would be sure it was approved for automotive use.

Next issue I see, the seat you show looks like it would need bracing in the back area... like attached to a roll cage. That would mean you may not be supposed to mount it even on a sliding seat base.

Just looked up mounting instructions through Jeg's website. This seat is supposed to be mounted solid to the frame and rollcage... not to sheet metal and not on sliders. It also shows bracing behind the shoulder area of the seat back.

Here's that seats natural environment.

Even tho its not easy to get in and out of my car I'd bet its a hell of a lot easier than getting out of your car.

I can use the cage to lower my *** down or pull on the cage to lift me out.

One issue you have is nothing to help you get out.

I think you have the incorrect seat for your application.

I put a set of universal sliders on my Kirkey seat with some flat iron on the underside of my bracket Demon. Getting in & out is a PITA with my roll cage even with a removeable wheel. As mentioned, a removable steering wheel might be the way to go too.

-
Back