Sly Fox Racing 1968 Dart

-
It's been a while since I've updated anything about the Dart. I took a break from it for a while to take care of some things on the house. My wife's "To Do List" was getting pretty long and she started getting louder when she was yelling at me about it.:-D Anyways, I got the trunk pan in and now I'm just fixing some little stuff around the back of the car before I move forward. I've decide to invest in a soda blaster in the near future just so I can clean everything up before any painting takes place.

Attachments

• 0039.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 247
  • 0041.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 237
  • 0042.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 245
  • 0043.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 245
  • 0044.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 240
Has anyone here ever built their own rotisserie? They don't look like they would be very difficult to build. I want to attatch a couple of hydraulic cylinders to each side but I need them to have the pumping mechanism on the side of the cylinder (like a bottle jack). I looked at Grainger, Northern Tool and couple of other places. I don't want to buy a separate hand pump. Just a hand pump is like $150.00 from what I could find.

nice metal work, don't forget those aftermarket panels don't have the factory plug holes. Some people cut them out and some don't just thought I would mention it. For me it makes it easier when buying a car cause it is easiest to look for. Here's my quarter extension done in and the drain plug hole.
1112101544.jpg

Again looks like your coming along and nice metal work, Mine is coming along a little slower than yours, I still have to do the pass. lower quarter and the front floor pans. Keep us updated!

Has anyone here ever built their own rotisserie? They don't look like they would be very difficult to build. I want to attatch a couple of hydraulic cylinders to each side but I need them to have the pumping mechanism on the side of the cylinder (like a bottle jack). I looked at Grainger, Northern Tool and couple of other places. I don't want to buy a separate hand pump. Just a hand pump is like $150.00 from what I could find.

Yup, just finished building my own, but I did not put hydraulic jacks on it. I intend to use my engine hoist as needed to adjust the height. I was not complicated to build, but it took a lot more time than I originally thought it would. L8r

JIm

I didn't think of that. I have an engine hoist. It's just that it has sat in the corner of the shop for so long hidden behind a bunch of parts that I forgot about it. Thx, gerahead. How much did you have in material?

I didn't think of that. I have an engine hoist. It's just that it has sat in the corner of the shop for so long hidden behind a bunch of parts that I forgot about it. Thx, gerahead. How much did you have in material?

That is a difficult question to answer because I got a smokin' deal on the steel. When I was pricing it out, as I recall it would have run me about $400 for the steel that I used. It is primarily 3x3 and 2-1/2 x 2-1/2, .188 wall tubing. If your search the member's restorations forum for gerahead's 71 Dart, there are some pictures posted on the last page. I just finished it a couple of weeks back. YOu have a nice project going, good luck. L8r

Jim

-
Back