small block 671 blower ?

-
I have an Offenhauser blower manifold that apparently was done by Offy in 1990. It takes an Offy 4 brl manifold and converts it to a blower. Really nice job. Alkydigger currently has a new one on his site for sale. Wants a bunch of money. I'm currently building a 413ci smallblock with 6-71 and Hilborn bugcatcher. Hope to have it running before this season is over.
Awesome! Keep us posted with all the details on your build, from short block to injection system!!
Two piece manifolds are roughly 7" tall and are around $1650.
IMG_2100 (716x800) (2).jpg
IMG_2090 (427x640).jpg

Just curious on whether or not you are going EFI with the Bug Catcher. I have been researching the subject for myself, there are pitfalls.

Jack

Jack, I'm not going EFI. I'm keeping it in it's mechanical configuration. It was set up for alcohol but I'm converting it to run E85. I've discussed it with Hilborn and have bought all parts needed to do that. Max

Is this a race setup?

Jack

This engine is being built as a race only endeavor. In the future I may convert it to street after I meet my max age for racing(agreed with family).

Altho all parts have not been procured I know exactly what it will be:

X block w/413ci
4.10 bore
3.91 stroke (offset ground 3.79)
Lentz 6.2 rods
Racetec pistons with approx 12cc dish (11:1 CR)
E85 fuel
Flat tappet cam 265/275 @ .050, .585 lift, 115LSA
LP Commando heads w/2.02 & 1.60, ported by me.
Harland Sharp or Norris roller rockers
.100 Cometic gaskets
6-71 fully stripped blower
Hilborn Bugcatcher Hat

The philosophy behind this configuration is that if I don't like the blower I can easily change configuration to run carbs at a higher compression ratio by changing head gaskets and cam.

Max

This engine is being built as a race only endeavor. In the future I may convert it to street after I meet my max age for racing(agreed with family).

Altho all parts have not been procured I know exactly what it will be:

X block w/413ci
4.10 bore
3.91 stroke (offset ground 3.79)
Lentz 6.2 rods
Racetec pistons with approx 12cc dish (11:1 CR)
E85 fuel
Flat tappet cam 265/275 @ .050, .585 lift, 115LSA
LP Commando heads w/2.02 & 1.60, ported by me.
Harland Sharp or Norris roller rockers
.100 Cometic gaskets
6-71 fully stripped blower
Hilborn Bugcatcher Hat

The philosophy behind this configuration is that if I don't like the blower I can easily change configuration to run carbs at a higher compression ratio by changing head gaskets and cam.

Max

Sounds like a real nice engine. What are you expecting for times? I would guess 8's.

Jack

Sounds like a real nice engine. What are you expecting for times? I would guess 8's.

Jack
I would be extremely pleased to dip into the 8's at least once. I'm constraining myself to put out a number because I've over estimated expected capabilities in the past. My NA engine ran a best of 6.32, I believe with the blower it should do much better. Max

I know this is a old post but I had strokersul send me the pictures of there blower intake and price to ship to USA is 790.00 plus 60.00 shipping and they have to be made to order.
side pic.jpeg
DSC09514.JPG
coletor671f.jpg
DSC09515.JPG
coletor671e.jpg
coletor671aban.jpg
coletor671c.jpg
coletor671d.jpg
coletor671b.jpg
coletor671a.jpg

Thats a great price for the manifold and shipping is extremely reasonable.

There’s no “pop off valve” on that manifold.........

So sorry, but could you clarify what that intake is for and who makes it.

I agree with Mirada Mega. Cool looking unit.

I know this is a old post but I had strokersul send me the pictures of there blower intake and price to ship to USA is 790.00 plus 60.00 shipping and they have to be made to order.View attachment 1715405371 View attachment 1715405372 View attachment 1715405373 View attachment 1715405374 View attachment 1715405375 View attachment 1715405376 View attachment 1715405377 View attachment 1715405378 View attachment 1715405379 View attachment 1715405380

So sorry, but could you clarify what that intake is for and who makes it.

I agree with Mirada Mega. Cool looking unit.
They told me it was for a LA 318. I wasn't sure seeing how they combined the runners into 4 instead of 8 individual runners.

Ha ha ha, yeah, that can be a curveball!
Considering it’s under pressure.... but when? RPM wise...
IDK! Not experienced enough.

This is where I eat :popcorn:

If you do anything with it I’d be glad to follow along.
:thumbsup:

Ha ha ha, yeah, that can be a curveball!
Considering it’s under pressure.... but when? RPM wise...
IDK! Not experienced enough.

This is where I eat :popcorn:

If you do anything with it I’d be glad to follow along.
:thumbsup:
I am going to have to check into that port design to see if it actually will work properly before I purchase one. What I am doing know is trying to get someone to build me a blower intake for a POLY 318 if you have any suggestions it would be appreciated.

Ooooo, there’s an interesting thought.

For Poly blower intake, you may have to supply the intake first to be cut. Then speak with the various supercharger companies. I know one of them will do it.

I can't believe that it is now Oct 2019 and I still haven't had my car to the track. To say I'm slow is an understatement. Well, it's now ready and we're going for an all day TNT on the 20th. I can't take the summer heat anymore so I've had to wait until it cools off a little. I'll try to get a picture posted soon.

-
Back