Small block cam kit

-

Rick C

Reaction score
Hi fellow Mopar fans. I am looking for a cam kit for a 71 318 engine. I want the engine to have some rumble to it, but at the same time I would prefer a cam for daily street use. I would appreciate any comments that may steer me in the right direction. I want to stick to hydraulic lifters.

This is what I have in my stock daily driver 340 dart sport. Nice sound and very streetable. Its hard to reccomend a cam not knowing any specifics of your car. I would at least let us know exhaust, carb, manual/auto, gear ratio. Anyways, I have been real happy with this cam for the past two years.
Performance Camshafts at Summit Racing

IMO, that is an excellent cam unless you have 2.76/2.96 gears. It works pretty good with 3.21 gears at the minimum IMO since I’ve been there and done that.

If you have a gear ratio in the two’s, just the next smaller camshaft @ 212@050 duration IIRC.

No torque converter change needed.

Hi fellow Mopar fans. I am looking for a cam kit for a 71 318 engine. I want the engine to have some rumble to it, but at the same time I would prefer a cam for daily street use. I would appreciate any comments that may steer me in the right direction. I want to stick to hydraulic lifters.
South Texas is not Mopar country, so welcome! Why don't you show us some pics of your ride and provide more info on your setup.

-
Back