Small block cylinder head specs

-
I know that this is not a specific A body question but someone out there may know where I could find the info that I need. I am rebuilding a 360 engine for a B-350 van & am in the need of dimensions for valve stem height & installed valve spring height for the exhaust valve w/ valve rotator retainers. I have the correct dimensions for the intake valve which is the same as most other LA engines. I already know that I can get a valve for a non rotator style retainer & just use the retainers like on non rotators but would like to stay w/ the rotators for durability reasons. Also don't trust aftermarket parts that come from who knows where w/ questionable quality & unknown durability. I have FSMs for an 83 & 88 B-vans but the info on spring height is either confusing (doesn't specify for ex. valves w/ rotator) or has to be completely crazy, listing the installed height for one valve to be 1 1/16", just can't be. Also, for the intake valves, does anyone know of a supplier that has US made valve springs? I am an experienced engine builder w/ all the necessary measuring devices. Help would be greatly appreciated.
Been doing a lot of research, which means a lot of driving around asking questions. Located my old cyl head guy even though he is retired & questioned him about a few things. If you are rebuilding a set of heads there is no telling how much work has been done prior or the quality of work. A valve job could have been done improperly & the valves sunk too deep into the heads causing the valve stem height to be way off which could result in excessive valve guide or valve stem wear. Should ch
You have to investigate what you're buying.
Sometimes you have to go to five or six different sites to figure out where something is made or the true spec you just have to shop smart be wise so on and so forth May the force be with you
Fer sure. Most recent encounter was when I had to replace the rt front wheel bearing assy on my little 93 Chrysler LeBaron sedan which I use to tow behind my camper van. Tried 3 different brands, O'reilley's, NAPA, bumper to bumper, & so on. The boss that fits into the steering knuckle on all of them was smaller than the original by something like .060". That situation would put a considerable load on the 4 bolts that hold the bearing in place. Finally found an old stock one at an individually run parts store that was the right size. Question, how the hell did they manage to do that, miss the size by that much? All they had to do was reverse engineer the original.

-
Back