Small block exhaust manifolds

-

SBPARTS

Reaction score
I need help identifying a set of exhaust manifolds by part number: #2863548, 2863553

Thank you in advance for your help.......Kevin G

Hi-Po 68-70 340 A body

Should be #2863549

Not worth much :rolleyes:

Ill take them if you don't need them.

Hi-Po 68-70 340 A body

Should be #2863549

Not worth much :rolleyes:

Ill take them if you don't need them.
So a matched set would be #2863548 & #2863549 then? The oddball is definitely #2863553, I checked again. Any idea?

Negative: 2863549 & 2863553 are the set.
They are #2863549 & #2863553 like you said, I misread the 48 number. I stripped, cleaned and painted these years ago and then lost track of them in my shed. Any value?

Thanks again Johnny.

They are #2863549 & #2863553 like you said, I misread the 48 number. I stripped, cleaned and painted these years ago and then lost track of them in my shed. Any value?

Thanks again Johnny.
Condition is everything, and in good shape they are worth a few hundred easy.

Thanks again Johnny.
Nice sets go for $4-500. More if they are real nice and the heat riser is free and working.

Nice sets go for $4-500. More if they are real nice and the heat riser is free and working.
Very nice set but heat riser was plugged off years ago, professional looking job. I'd say very nice no heat riser? Thx toolman

Very nice set but heat riser was plugged off years ago, professional looking job. I'd say very nice no heat riser? Thx toolman
Your choice, start an ad with some nice photos. May be start at $500. You can always come down in price as needed. Shipping them is the spendy part. That takes all the fun out of buying them unless they are reasonably priced. I bought my set at a swap meet.

Your choice, start an ad with some nice photos. May be start at $500. You can always come down in price as needed. Shipping them is the spendy part. That takes all the fun out of buying them unless they are reasonably priced. I bought my set at a swap meet.
Man, I'm just getting started toolman. I built a handful of A-Bodies over the years and always collected extra stuff along the way, NOS or best used I could find. I am brand new to this site joining just today so i am a little overwhelmed already. I need to take inventory and get after it, I guess. Thanks again...Kevin

Man, I'm just getting started toolman. I built a handful of A-Bodies over the years and always collected extra stuff along the way, NOS or best used I could find. I am brand new to this site joining just today so i am a little overwhelmed already. I need to take inventory and get after it, I guess. Thanks again...Kevin
:lol:Sorry for jumping the gun. I thought you were asking so you could put them up for sale right away. Stop by the "Welcome Wagon" forum and introduce yourself. If you have a car or to post some pics. We love pics.

Prices can be all over the place. Reproduction sets sold for around $600 with no heat riser provision. They seem to be sold out by the major suppliers like Brewer's, Mancini's and Herb's. Maybe @Dan Brewer could let us know if they think they'll be available again.

This set that has some bad pitting sold on Ebay. It says $975, but it may have sold for considerably less if an offer was accepted.
MOPAR 68 340 EXHAUST MANIFOLDS,DART,BARRACUDA | eBay

Another thing about which it's good to be aware is that the casting numbers are not the part numbers. You could get some grief if you put them up for sale with the casting numbers as part numbers, or vice versa.
1968-70 A-Body 340 exhaust manifold part numbers per the manual:
Right - 2863545
Left - 2863552
Yes, the numbers are close, the better to confuse us!
IMG_20240201_192034976~2.jpg

Thanks again Johnny.
I was just being facetious, when I said they weren't worth much. I'm sure you know by now they are pretty sought after, and fetch a few bucks. Welcome to the site.

I would pay $500 for every set out there! Lately I have seen them at $650-750 and some for more...

-
Back