Small Block Head Flow Chart

-
usually it will have valve size and if ported who did it. I don’t hold it as gospel but it does give you an idea. And yes he did put a lot of work in that.
How you get on that list...
A couple, 4 members sent their numbers to him and they're on the list....but some numbers are complete bullshit..and now the sites credibility is not very good imo.
More ways to sell yourself is all that was used for.
As for those shocker flow numbers damn that sucks. Lot of things can affect flow numbers but as I am to understand those are out of the box so they should flow I would expect at least Within 5cfm if the manufacturer's bench given everything is calibrated.
Those numbers advertised I have gotten out of a iron j head...to see them on another bench be as low as 122 @.200 188@.300
That's barely worked 2.02 conversion iron head stuff.
The same set of J heads that flowed the big numbers I mentioned.. I just had a valve job on...the max area of the valve type...and it knocked 10+ cfm off per .100.
209@.300 now goes 196@.300..249@.400 is now 238@.400... 273@.500 is now 264
There's reality that people CAN get a little more than others.. and it could be something simple & unrelated to your port work. If this helps anyone, great.

has any one used the cast indy heads out of the box ? for small block ? come complete 2.02-1.6 with good flow numbers for $995.00 they have no port work i dont believe coments please

My RHS head were built by Brian at IMM
He did a little porting and his valve job. The flowed 270.
don't see them on his site any more but this look interesting.
IMMENGINES.COM

My RHS head were built by Brian at IMM
He did a little porting and his valve job. The flowed 270.
don't see them on his site any more but this look interesting.
IMMENGINES.COM

saw those a while back. Almost def they are speedmaster castings. Would like to see the flow numbers with no porting or bowl blend.
Seems to really make his prepped RHS heads seem like a good deal.

Well…….can now say that… clean sheet, Vic Bloomer has been pecking away for 2 years on a new Bloomer head for Rod.
A few sets are done, Rod had two sets here that are finished and sold
2.08 valve, Rod shared some numbers off a dyno session at BES with this new head on a 11.5 420 inch motor, with a 263@50 roller, and just gasket matched super victor intake, zero plenum work.
Dyno numbers are just that, and the numbers were very impressive, but Rod said it easily made well over 600 “ real” horsepower. Well less that what the dyno numbers were, and BES is a very respected shop.
Meanwhile, Vic has now turned his attention to the offset version, they wont be available for a while.
Vic, as i have said before, gun to my head, is the guy i would want doing my heads, over anybody…he just has a tough time finding spare time. Hence several years working here and there on making this head what i have zero doubt it will be.
My prediction knowing Vic’s involvement, this head will create quite a stir here soon.
This is and old thread. But I have this engine in my AMX . It has gone a best of 6.08 @ 112 mph. With a small tube header. I'm getting a set of 1 7/8 headers made for it this week and changing the hood so that I can put a spacer on it. The car weighs 2885 with my son in it. I believe it'll go 5.90's @ 114 with the better headers and a carb spacer. BTW this is on Renegade RM 109. I have an alcohol set up I'm going to try at some point.

This is and old thread. But I have this engine in my AMX . It has gone a best of 6.08 @ 112 mph. With a small tube header. I'm getting a set of 1 7/8 headers made for it this week and changing the hood so that I can put a spacer on it. The car weighs 2885 with my son in it. I believe it'll go 5.90's @ 114 with the better headers and a carb spacer. BTW this is on Renegade RM 109. I have an alcohol set up I'm going to try at some point.

very impressive. My combo is currently lacking regards taking advantage of the heads, but they are super nice pieces.
Your car runs great, you should be proud, that is hauling the mail. Would love to see a 1/4 mile time slip

Anybody got a good set of SBM B-1 BA heads or B-1 BA M/C heads with some flow numbers. I have a bare set of M/C heads waiting to get done.

I just talked to Brett Miller about the B1Ba M/C head. I have a set and I am considering changing out my W5 for them. He is currently working on a CNC program for them. It will be about Christmas time before it is available.

I just talked to Brett Miller about the B1Ba M/C head. I have a set and I am considering changing out my W5 for them. He is currently working on a CNC program for them. It will be about Christmas time before it is available.

based on everything I have been told about the moved center head, and the several I have seen results of in running combinations, I tend to believe everything people have said about them over the years.
Bad design, underachiever. I don’t think they are as good as a w5 head, then nothing fits them either

based on everything I have been told about the moved center head, and the several I have seen results of in running combinations, I tend to believe everything people have said about them over the years.
Bad design, underachiever. I don’t think they are as good as a w5 head, then nothing fits them either

Thats what I have heard too. Brett tells me that his program is in W8-W9 territory. Plus the casting itself is really good even though the deck on it isn't all that thick the casting is very strong and is well suited to boosted or nitrous applications. He has a customer that has made 940 with a set on the motor and over 1400 with one kit of nitrous. By the way it outflows my W5 by almost 40 cfm and my W5 is no slouch.

Thats what I have heard too. Brett tells me that his program is in W8-W9 territory. Plus the casting itself is really good even though the deck on it isn't all that thick the casting is very strong and is well suited to boosted or nitrous applications. He has a customer that has made 940 with a set on the motor and over 1400 with one kit of nitrous. By the way it outflows my W5 by almost 40 cfm and my W5 is no slouch.

yea…I will stick with my opinion .
I know a guy that had a 440-450 ish inch MC deal in a 3000 pound car, roller cam, Yada, Yada, barely got in the 9’s, and it was well sorted out.
Ryan for years said that head wasn’t any good( even though the numbers suggested it was( 350 ish cfm)
I guess anything can be “ fixed”… but ultimately somebody will have a pile of money in such a deal.

Numbers from when LaRoy ported my Eddy Performers.
Air flows advertised by Edelbrock…………..As received………..After porting

.100………………….69/64………………………………………………62/53………………..69/56

.200………………..129/108…………………………………………..126/108…………..140/123

.300………………..188/142…………………………………………..174/140…………..199/178

.400………………..232/171…………………………………………..221/158…………..241/225

.500………………..249/183…………………………………………..245/163…………..270/232

.600………………..251/190…………………………………………..248/166……………280/240

All I have ever heard, was, that for a high end head, they were NOT impressive(Yeah i know i read it on the internet so it must be true!:D)
I have never seen, or fondled, one in person let alone, us one. SO WHAT DO I KNOW:popcorn:
So what is the difference between B1Ba and the M/C

yea…I will stick with my opinion .
I know a guy that had a 440-450 ish inch MC deal in a 3000 pound car, roller cam, Yada, Yada, barely got in the 9’s, and it was well sorted out.
Ryan for years said that head wasn’t any good( even though the numbers suggested it was( 350 ish cfm)
I guess anything can be “ fixed”… but ultimately somebody will have a pile of money in such a deal.

Well everyone on the internet told me my W5s were junk and would blow head gaskets under any amount of boost. They also told me my stock block would break in two after 600 hp. They also said a torqueflite would explode if you put a thousand horse to it and on and on. Well I have debunked all those internet opinions with my very own testing in the real world. I do know that when Brett speaks you listen. With all that said I am probably going to go with the W9 and get the extra head bolts, even though I have yet to blow a head gasket.

Well everyone on the internet told me my W5s were junk and would blow head gaskets under any amount of boost. They also told me my stock block would break in two after 600 hp. They also said a torqueflite would explode if you put a thousand horse to it and on and on. Well I have debunked all those internet opinions with my very own testing in the real world. I do know that when Brett speaks you listen. With all that said I am probably going to go with the W9 and get the extra head bolts, even though I have yet to blow a head gasket.

extra head bolts, great idea.
Brett also was involved heavily in the original Bloomer heads that ended up being a bust. Again, these MC heads have been around even before Indy started offering small block heads. Forever.
There is a reason hardly nobody uses them in Mopar drag racing. My guess is that is because they are expensive and underperforming, compared to other offerings now out there.

extra head bolts, great idea.
Brett also was involved heavily in the original Bloomer heads that ended up being a bust. Again, these MC heads have been around even before Indy started offering small block heads. Forever.
There is a reason hardly nobody uses them in Mopar drag racing. My guess is that is because they are expensive and underperforming, compared to other offerings now out there.
I talked to the guy in the green duster from Dragweek and he has a set of bloomers on it and he really likes them. I told him the internet said they were junk. He laughed. Another internet myth.

I talked to the guy in the green duster from Dragweek and he has a set of bloomers on it and he really likes them. I told him the internet said they were junk. He laughed. Another internet myth.

the heads on the Green Duster( I know the guy,local to me, and he is a big reason I bought a set) have absolutely nothing to do with the ones I referred to that Brett designed.
Those heads were indeed junk, and the plug was pulled selling them, very shortly after they were announced, a few years back.
Rod Bloomer then, (quite a while later) enlisted his brother, Vic, to start with a clean sheet of paper and develope the port again, from scratch.Vic is extremely talented.
2 years of R and D later, you have the new Bloomer head, which the Green Duster has, I have, and others have bought.
it is a fantastic head, with lots of potential for a standard type replacement head.
so, two completely different heads.

not sure you were aware of all the above, if you were not, you would have bad information

Last edited:
I pondered going that route after our W5 debacle….. my research and info from others came up with that exact info. We were really wanting to jump on the Edelbrock Victor head bandwagon, but that was another empty promise. Luckily we “settled” on some heads from an old pickup (W8).

I pondered going that route after our W5 debacle….. my research and info from others came up with that exact info. We were really wanting to jump on the Edelbrock Victor head bandwagon, but that was another empty promise. Luckily we “settled” on some heads from an old pickup (W8).
What’s the deal with the Edelbrock Victor heads these days?

there are various dyno posts out there saying those Victors can make good power. Who knows.
the guy who does my stuff built a 376 inch 360 with Victor heads, limited cam(255@50) and limited compression( under 12) and won a competition with it.

Jack told me if there were no rules he could make over 800 easy with these heads without any trouble. More cubes, more squeeze, more camshaft just some of the areas ….

Valley Performance and Machine Service’s 376 cid Mopar Engine

-
Back