small block heads, 4027596 casting # any good??

-
Yes, its well sorted out. Vic is a rocket scientist. Pretty sure the car 60 foots 1.2xx
But, its still a 20 over 340 with 1.88 heads he built himself in all facets. Car would still run 9’s if it was 3000 pounds.
It probably accounts for all the misunderstanding about the heads he did i was crowing about..when people didn't like the amount of stuff i didn't know about .
them.
What i did know is this guy spent 2 years perfecting them, on and off the flow bench and dyno, and i knew how sharp he is .. that amount of HIS effort is gonna be something you want.
This car shows how what he does works…very, very well.

A testament to his intelligence and hard work.

Now they just need to market them (redone bloomer heads) to the public and we all have access to a bad *** head. I for one would pass over some of the features of the trick flow head for a head I knew would make 30-40 more hp and was still somewhat close to the price. I don't however have the money to spend a grand more and not really have any recourse if it doesn't perform (I'm sure it would) but that's why edelbrocks will always outsell everything, it's a well marketed/warrantied part.

And yet how many cars have you seen with big dollar heads and engines that don't perform for what they have. You can give the best parts to a monkey and still not make power.

And yet how many cars have you seen with big dollar heads and engines that don't perform for what they have. You can give the best parts to a monkey and still not make power.
True, but most will go faster with a better head even with the wrong parts, I will take better heads every time.

Now they just need to market them (redone bloomer heads) to the public and we all have access to a bad *** head. I for one would pass over some of the features of the trick flow head for a head I knew would make 30-40 more hp and was still somewhat close to the price. I don't however have the money to spend a grand more and not really have any recourse if it doesn't perform (I'm sure it would) but that's why edelbrocks will always outsell everything, it's a well marketed/warrantied part.
That didn't seem to come out quite right. My point is image is everything unfortunately and most guys just buy according to the brand and if they can send it back if/when it doesn't work right because they don't know what they are doing lol. When I raced my pontiac we had nothing aftermarket that was cheap (or worth the extra money) and man there were some fast guys on stock stuff.

When I raced my pontiac we had nothing aftermarket that was cheap (or worth the extra money) and man there were some fast guys on stock stuff.

That's my point. Look at what Dan smith is doing with just a oem 587 head. Or Vic Bloomer with a 1.88 valve oem head. Smart people can find ways to make stuff work while others just cant or say it can't be done. If the head can give you the cfm you need to make the power you want figure out how to use it.

It used to be a lot harder to make junk parts go fast but we had fun doing it. Tracks are ten times better, tires are 100 times better, state of art back in the early 1980’s was super stock springs. Not many could afford to run custom pistons or the high cost of after market rods. I was super proud of running 9.82 with a .030 440 with TRW pistons, stock rods, and 906 cast iron heads on super stock springs. After 3-4 years of Racing 2-3 times a week I would throw the stock cranks on the scrap pile as everyone I had magnifluxed were cracked. A lot simpler times now.

That's my point. Look at what Dan smith is doing with just a oem 587 head. Or Vic Bloomer with a 1.88 valve oem head. Smart people can find ways to make stuff work while others just cant or say it can't be done. If the head can give you the cfm you need to make the power you want figure out how to use it.

There is more to horsepower than flow. Anyone who is decent with a grinder can make more power with way less work than what you advocate. I don’t tell anyone to spend a penny on iron heads. Ever. Unless they are something like a W2.

I get it that you want to show everyone that you are a master head porting guru. Like I said I the other two threads, I don’t do the dick measuring bullshit any more. There isn’t a single application you’ve posted that wouldn’t make more power, go fast and take way less time and money to do it if you started with a lowly Speedmaster head.

Do you think any of the names you dropped would start with that casting if they had other options? Hell no they wouldn’t, unless they love self flagellation.

It’s time to get over it.

Thanks for that. Now maybe you could explain why some people make a lot of power for the little head flow they do get.

I don’t have to explain anything to you. I don’t care. You are a monotonous troll, trying to prove some silly philosophy that we should start with outdated, used up castings to prove we know something. There is no reason to do what you claim you do, unless you love mental masturbation and working to do work.

Chrysler didn’t improve heads like the W2 and on because the 302 is an *** kicker casting. Your premise is stupid. And faulty.

I don’t have to explain anything to you

Is that because you can't......

I don’t care.

Obviously you do care as you chase me around on every thread.

trying to prove some silly philosophy that we should start with outdated, used up castings to prove we know something. There is no reason to do what you claim you do, unless you love mental masturbation and working to do work.

What do you care what I do with my junk.

Your premise is stupid. And faulty.

Go fast with junk is stupid......

Is that because you can't......

Obviously you do care as you chase me around on every thread.

What do you care what I do with my junk.

Go fast with junk is stupid......

LOL. You see, I can explain it. What hasn’t happened is YOU have not explained why YOU want to use some crusty old casting, rather than start with something better.

I’ve already posited why you do it. You think it makes you smarter. It doesn’t. I did read the link you posted in the other thread with information from Larry Meaux. It’s too bad you didn’t post the interview he gave to Hot Rod or whoever it was. Much more in depth than that link.

As I said earlier, using a 302 casting for Stock Eliminator, ported by someone who has a clue would start at 5k. I doubt Larry Meaux, Chad Speier or anyone else would do it for less than that.

Doing that same casting for Super Stock would most likely get close to doubling the cost of a head for a Stocker.

Do you really think any of these guys, with real bona fides would EVER start with a casting like that IF they had other choices?

The answer is NO. What I don’t get is what your angle is? You’re not doing more with less. Like I said before, you can’t have a technical discussion because you ask the most banal questions, and you never lay a foundation for any discussion. You dictate the answers by your questions so the answer you get is what YOU want.

Bye bye. You aren’t worth bothering with.

LOL. You see, I can explain it. What hasn’t happened is YOU have not explained why YOU want to use some crusty old casting, rather than start with something better.

I’ve already posited why you do it. You think it makes you smarter. It doesn’t.
If you could explain it you would......

Why do you care what I want to do and with what?

Bye bye. You aren’t worth bothering with.
Does that mean you'll stop posting.....:lol:

My 596 heads are now retired to my truck motor LOL... But they did propel the slowest stroker on the internet for a number of years....

Boy some of you guys are dangerous with the quote button. Pick one sentence here, part of a sentence here, and stack them all in one post. Cheese and rice give us a break.

I have most of the books written on head porting from the last twenty years or so. Most of them have been unopened as I get bored reading formulas and most of the math is over my head anyway. I came up with my own small block rule years ago without ever seeing anything written on the subject. 200cfm by .300 has been a rule I’ve used for years. After that check flow at every .050 to see the gains. I see guys listing their flow numbers to 1.000 lift daily even when their customer is going to run a .650 lift cam. We all have heard stories about how well some of the cars ran years ago with stock W2 heads. It’s not that W2 heads flow so well, but the fact they flow so well early at low lifts. Most guys aren’t running killer cams anyway so even that .650 flow number is nothing to brag about. But that .700 number does help the person. Doing the head porting if he knows how to use it.

Boy some of you guys are dangerous with the quote button. Pick one sentence here, part of a sentence here, and stack them all in one post. Cheese and rice give us a break.
Twisting and turning and turning and twisting... People edit your post so they can start yelling about what they want to yell about LOL...

Yes, its well sorted out. Vic is a rocket scientist. Pretty sure the car 60 foots 1.2xx
But, its still a 20 over 340 with 1.88 heads he built himself in all facets. Car would still run 9’s if it was 3000 pounds.
It probably accounts for all the misunderstanding about the heads he did i was crowing about..when people didn't like the amount of stuff i didn't know about .
them.
What i did know is this guy spent 2 years perfecting them, on and off the flow bench and dyno, and i knew how sharp he is .. that amount of HIS effort is gonna be something you want.
This car shows how what he does works…very, very well.

Not breaking your balls here but that of which I quoted is part of the problem and why you and Hysteric got/get flak. The way the post reads to the average guy is that he can do it easy and just whip parts on and to like Shelby said, “GLH!”

There is no information on the head other than this casting number that went 9’s. In the last thread of an amazing amount of BS that went FUBAR, the start of the thread was with stock as cast 302 heads. No trick work, just what the factory put out.

The extremely few people that can run a 9 w/302 heads should have at least a trick valve job right? And on a well sorted car I’d imagine. This is not what 99.9% of the board has or is willing to do. To be honest, I’d call it a fact that 90%+ of the guys here just want a hot street car without a big cam, compression etc… & a uktera light weight car.

Then there is sorting out a combo…. LOL

Not breaking your balls here but that of which I quoted is part of the problem and why you and Hysteric got/get flak. The way the post reads to the average guy is that he can do it easy and just whip parts on and to like Shelby said, “GLH!”

There is no information on the head other than this casting number that went 9’s. In the last thread of an amazing amount of BS that went FUBAR, the start of the thread was with stock as cast 302 heads. No trick work, just what the factory put out.

The extremely few people that can run a 9 w/302 heads should have at least a trick valve job right? And on a well sorted car I’d imagine. This is not what 99.9% of the board has or is willing to do. To be honest, I’d call it a fact that 90%+ of the guys here just want a hot street car without a big cam, compression etc… & a uktera light weight car.

Then there is sorting out a combo…. LOL

agree with everything you said. Few guys, very few guys, are good enough with heads to get a basic iron head like that with small valves to be effective enough to make the kinda of power that he was/ is able to make.
That was the point( i obviously didnt do a good enough job making)…when this guy puts his mind to it, the results are excellent. So when he spent two years perfecting a head, its gonna be worth having… most here dont know him, i do, so my perspective was different than others. I dont need the particulars to know its good.
At the end of the day, it isnt gonna be a mass produced head. I suspect those looking for that extra oomph, will be the ones that end up with them…others( most people) wont need them, so it will work out just fine.

agree with everything you said. Few guys, very few guys, are good enough with heads to get a basic iron head like that with small valves to be effective enough to make the kinda of power that he was/ is able to make.
That was the point( i obviously didnt do a good enough job making)…when this guy puts his mind to it, the results are excellent. So when he spent two years perfecting a head, its gonna be worth having… most here dont know him, i do, so my perspective was different than others. I dont need the particulars to know its good.
At the end of the day, it isnt gonna be a mass produced head. I suspect those looking for that extra oomph, will be the ones that end up with them…others( most people) wont need them, so it will work out just fine.

What head are we talking about now since we touched on so many. Lol

That’s another problem. When others circle back without making it clear and then calling you out on being dumb. And called out on it but that’s not knowing he circled back or what your being called out on.

Without knowing, your blindly walking into a landmine.

Lol. I knew I caught you circling back.

didn't catch me doing anything..lol.. i say what i think, always have. My reputation from those who know me personally is absolutely in zero danger
As i said before..doesn't make me a dime what anybody on here buys or doesn't buy. I could care less.
Between racing when i can and running a car dealership 6 days a week i have plenty going on to not worry about others, at 66 years old

-
Back