Small block Mopar 2.05 and 2.08 valves.

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I usually use Ferrea valves on my small block Mopar Edelbrock style heads and will be buying a few sets. (2.05 and 2.08 plus .100 Chevy). What manufacture are you guys using?

At this point it may be what you can get without waiting a coon’s age.

Ferrea is probably top of the mark for stainless valves.

I’ve been running the stock Edelbrock exhaust valves for years with zero issues probably because of their weight. But we did have a 1/4 inch piece of a stock Edelbrock intake valve break off on number 3 and lodge in a piston on number 6.

I’ve been running the stock Edelbrock exhaust valves for years with zero issues probably because of their weight. But we did have a 1/4 inch piece of a stock Edelbrock intake valve break off on number 3 and lodge in a piston on number 6.
How was it running in the two or three passes before that happened? Any warning signs at all?

How was it running in the two or three passes before that happened? Any warning signs at all?

Not a thing. Something to think about though is my son was driving my duster during this period of time. He like many in the younger generation is a top end whomp whomp whomper and these kids are good at it. I think that is responsible for many of today’s engine issues. Luckily I turned the engine over while the driver’s side head was off. The engine stopped so I turned it over in the other direction. That’s how I found the valve piece stuck in the piston on the other side of the engine. That saved me from pulling it apart again.

I use Ferrea in a set of heavily ported j heads. I also wanted to use these for a set of cnc'd speedmasters, but the delivery times are very long. That's why switched to Manley and also takes a long time because they put the wrong damn valves in the box!

I use Ferrea in a set of heavily ported j heads. I also wanted to use these for a set of cnc'd speedmasters, but the delivery times are very long. That's why switched to Manley and also takes a long time because they put the wrong damn valves in the box!

Man that would stink especially where you live.

Man that would stink especially where you live.
Normally no problem. But almost everything i need is in backorder. I have a contact in the US who bundles all my orders into one package. He can also adjust the total value to reduce tax.

I called Ferrea and Manley for 2.05's but they did not had the materials at that time. It sucks...Rebuilding a 416 has been taking longer than 1 year now.

I usually use Ferrea valves on my small block Mopar Edelbrock style heads and will be buying a few sets. (2.05 and 2.08 plus .100 Chevy). What manufacture are you guys using?
Question, do those 2.05's along with 1.600 exhaust clear the cylinder bores and what about the distance between the valves? I'm wanting to learn more about the performance world of the sbm's.

Question, do those 2.05's along with 1.600 exhaust clear the cylinder bores and what about the distance between the valves? I'm wanting to learn more about the performance world of the sbm's.

The head with 2.05’s is on my flowbench right now on a 4.015 bore adapter. 294cfm@.600 (he’s running a 575 lift cam). I run 2.08 valves in mine on a 4.030
Bore.

The head with 2.05’s is on my flowbench right now on a 4.015 bore adapter. 294cfm@.600 (he’s running a 575 lift cam). I run 2.08 valves in mine on a 4.030
Bore.
You running 1.600" exhaust valve's? I remember reading that there's suppose to be a minimum clearance of 0.03" between the valves, is this true?

Sounds like a runner for sure

I think he will be happy
With a 2.05 valve size. Using a 2.08 like I have only bumps you up to 315-318 cfm with a 195 cc intake runner. They become very touchy in that area and very dependent on short side size and shape.

I think he will be happy
With a 2.05 valve size. Using a 2.08 like I have only bumps you up to 315-318 cfm with a 195 cc intake runner. They become very touchy in that area and very dependent on short side size and shape.
What rpm range will it run in with those size valves, cam

I think he will be happy

I’m not sure where he will be shift at but my 408 went 5.98 which would be around a 9.30 shifting at 6700 rpm. I may step it up some next year just for a new best in some good weather but it’s just a bracket build so why beat on it. I keep hearing these stock blocks can’t take much.

I’m not sure where he will be shift at but my 408 went 5.98 which would be around a 9.30 shifting at 6700 rpm. I may step it up some next year just for a new best in some good weather but it’s just a bracket build so why beat on it. I keep hearing these stock blocks can’t take much.
I've heard that to,but I don't know for sure

-
Back