small block oil pan

-

ram45red

Reaction score
doing reserch on oil pans for a 63 dart braket racer what is everyones choice of pans im leaning real hard towards a kevko m 201pp for a 340 stroker i know clerance is a issue but k member is already out been welded up and sandblasted so notching will be a eazy deal before its all put back together again thanks sandy

The only pan I've ever used is the Milodon. Not that I'm opposed to other pans, it's just I've never used another.

I have a kevco on a 318 thats been in my 66, had to notch the pass side front of the k frame, pan would hit. I have a moroso 8 qt on my 408 now, a little hard getting it in and it hangs 2" below the k frame. I am going to try a milodon low profile on the engine I am building this winter. all are good pans, the kevco will need k frame mods to work, the moroso did not.

I use a 8qrt Milidon pan(408)in my 66 Dart.I removed my K-frame,chopped it and boxxed it in.My pan fits with ease now.I think you,ll have to notch your K with either pan.good luck.

notching for clearance is realy no issue im thinking which is better for keeping oil supplied to a mostly a wide open while in use bracket motor the kevko sounds like it will do it im planning on a 4 inch stroker crank and a main cap girdle if it all fits i want it to stay together for awhile to come thanks sandy

I went with a Steff's in my '65 , but the Kevco looks like a nice part and a very nice price. Milodon has always been my go to in the past , but I've never tried their stuff in a MoPar application.

-
Back