Small block stroker racers, Whos raced there combo on street gears

-

joes68340s

Reaction score
For typical 408 to 410 stroker race combos whos switched or tried going from there race gear setup to a street gear. 3.23, 3.55,3.73. What change did you make to convertor stall if any.

Going to a lower numerically gear will loosen the converter. If you make a big swing it could be really loose.

I plan to lower the stall almost half. This is motor and trans from my Drag only Dart. Ran low 10s Going into a Barracuda to Run a Drag an Drive event.

I drove my 416 everywhere on the street with 456's , 5500 stall and 29x14.5 tires. shifted it at 8000. never quite had drive wound tight at the track. mid 10's at 130.

An a500 or a518 will bolt up behind your motor with minor tunnel work and is a .69 overdrive and lock up. Driveshaft will only be about 2inches shorter

Perhaps the easiest way to go about it.

Perhaps the easiest way to go about it.
possibly, the OP's generic question can only receive generic answers.
It would be nice to know the gear ratio, tire size, current stall and weight of race car vs street car

possibly, the OP's generic question can only receive generic answers.
It would be nice to know the gear ratio, tire size, current stall and weight of race car vs street car
Simple question, simple answers,
generic question, generic answers.

Detailed questions, more precise answers.
More informative information given, better answers received.

How similar will the Cuda be to the drag car as far as suspension, tires and such. If their isn't a certain number you have to hit, i'd just gear it for as comfortable as the current cam,converter will allow at reasonable cruise rpm.

I drove my 416 everywhere on the street with 456's , 5500 stall and 29x14.5 tires. shifted it at 8000. never quite had drive wound tight at the track. mid 10's at 130.

That duster sounds great and moves!

Simple question, simple answers,
generic question, generic answers.

Detailed questions, more precise answers.
More informative information given, better answers received.
Or may be no answers at all. :BangHead: :lol:

When I did drag week I went from 4.10 to 3.73. However they made me run a “race” tire and one of the very few available in 14” was 1” shorter than my regular F70-14. I just swapped them on for the track portion. No real change on the track.

-
Back