small bolt pattern disc brake kits for 14" cragars

-

Darrell Keith

Reaction score
1969 Dodge Dart with 14" Cragars with small bolt pattern, I want to install disc brakes on the front with this set up. Who would you recommend that makes a bolt on kit?

Thanks

I'm pretty sure those Cragars work with factory disk brakes. So you could buy a 67-72 Kelsey-Hays set-up from a seller on FABO — I see them pretty often. This has the advantage of being all Mopar OEM and you can find replacement parts for it under "69 Dart w/ factory disc brakes".

Factory Kelsey Hayes 4 piston caliper brakes fit just fine.

I agree with mvh and RRR. The factory Kelsey hayes disc brakes 4" bolt pattern will work fine with crager SS wheels. Excellent choice, I love the look by the way.

kh stock disc brake stuff 65-72 a body or we did 14's on a ssbc kit on this duster with 10'' drums , but had to glue the weights in a area were the caliper didn't hit the weights . but it was 14x7 u.s. indy slotted mags

DSC01184.JPG

DSC01985.JPG

DSC00349.JPG

oh ya the ssbc calipers use factory d11 brake pads , 65-72 a body and early mustang disc's use the same pads , even the early shelby mustangs .

1969 Dodge Dart with 14" Cragars with small bolt pattern, I want to install disc brakes on the front with this set up. Who would you recommend that makes a bolt on kit?

Thanks
I'll have an all there, 100% complete, Rebuilt disc brake set up for the 65-72 cars, next week sometime.
Waiting on some parts to finish it up.
Keep your eye on the for sale section, if your still interested.
Jim V.
hemi71x

Pirate Jack has a kit thats drilled for 4 and 4.5 pattern, the kit will not work on 14 wheels, there is not enough clearance
Probably single piston calipers. Other than more pistons for more braking power, more (smaller) pistons also make for a smaller caliper. Look at the new Brembo's. Lot's of small pistons, lots of power, and just a bit bigger than the rotor. It all has to fit inside the rim.

brembo.jpg

Hello gents. Just working through the small and big bolt pattern quandary and I noticed that the SSBC brakes still offer the dual pattern rotor. So the other option to put discs up front is the kit from them.

-
Back