small bolt pattern ?? how ?

-

1994rm250

Reaction score
hey i have a 8 3/4 rear but for some reason the rear has a small bolt pattern , smaller then the bolt pattern on my slant 6 rear ??????

only two are available...

4 inch...and 4 1/2 inch...

What year is your car? All of the A bodies through 72 had the small 4" bolt pattern. MOST of the 73 & later cars had the 4 1/2" bolt pattern but there seems to be some drum brake cars that still had the 4" pattern. If you have a 73 or later disc brake car it would've come with the 4.5" pattern. 72 was also the last year of the 8 3/4" rear in an A body. So, if you find an A body 8 3/4" rear it will have the small bolt pattern. 73 they switched to the 8 1/4" rear. The 7 1/4" rears can have either pattern, depending on the year of the car. All of this refers to unmodified stuff. Somebody could have swapped parts.

Check out Centerline. They have some different style rims with a 4 inch
bolt pattern. Go to www.centerlinewheels.com and take a look.
I like their wheels. I have a set on my 72 Demon.

theres small bolt pattern cragar ss and sst, american racing ansens, some centerline, Theres another popular one too but i cant remember, or for 200 bucks you could get a new set of axles with 4.5inch bolt pattern from moser. Then you have limitless options for wheels

All 9" drum brake cars had SBP all the way up to 75. 10" drum cars and disk brake cars got BBP after 72.

Makes no sense that they were even still offering 9" brakes in the seventies. Makes you wonder what they were thinking (or smoking).

what would the bolt pattern be ?

Wheel Bolt Pattern

* 5 x 4 1/2 in.,
* 4 x 4 1/4 in.,
* 5 x 4 3/4 in.,
* 4 x 4 1/2 in.,
* 5 x 5 in.,
* 6 x 5 1/2 in.,
* 5 x 4 in.

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?N=115+400082+317899&autoview=sku

All A body 8 3/4 are * 5 x 4 in.
Depending on what year and options, (like disc's) on your car it maybe the
* 5 x 4 1/2 in.,

If you want to keep the 4.5 if that's what your car has on the front, you can buy new axle's (and get auto wrecker backing plates and drums) or redrill your old axle's with screw in studs. My opinion.

-
Back