Small gas leak after sitting ????

-

alcronk

Valiant64
Reaction score
I have a 1964 valiant with a 273 v8 drove it for a few month's over the summer parked it in the driveway for storage in late September has been sitting ever since just noticed a small amount of gas under the car I cleaned up the gas and looked for were the leak was coming from I checked the fuel line coming from the tank to the fuel pump and the line to the carb and the tank and sending unit Is there anything else that I can check of do to find this leak Thanks for any ideas

What proximity to the car was the leak? Front, rear, passenger side etc.

I wouldn't think a half of a tank would do it but you might check where the filler tube goes into the tank and see if there are any signs of a leak there.

Park some cardboard under it. The more the better. That might narrow it down. If you have any *** hole friends, it might never go away. Just saying.

The leak was on the drivers side near the the driver's door The tank is about half full THANKS

There should not be any fuel there.
Don't the lines run down the passenger side?

Is the car parked flat, nose up hill or nose down hill?

Aren't the brake lines on the driver's side?

Yes the fuel line runs down the passenger side the car is parked on a flat driveway I have put some cardboard under the car front to back and side to side to

I don't have power steering as this is a bone stock 1964 valiant I think that it a leaking from the fuel line that runs down the passenger side of the car and the gas is carried to the drivers side in the rain water or the melting snow I have put down some cardboard to see if I can pin point when the leak is coming from THANKS again for your time

Well in that case, put some cardboard under the lowest part of the fuel line. Water in the gas runs to the lowest point, and will accumulate there. As the rust builds up inside the line, it will restrict fuel delivery. Eventually, it will rust out the line. Your 1964 is getting on in years.......

Check the tank itself. When they are old, they spring tiny leaks. Maybe the leak is traveling forward somehow

-
Back