Smallblock intake manifold shootout.

-
Be careful with magazine tests.Usually a new product outperforms all the older models and for some reason it ends up the best seller...sometimes for years like the old XE-268 and Air gap.
There are stock class 340's running 10's with original untouched iron intakes...Hmmm?

Last edited:
I've got both an Offy Port-O-Sonic and an Offy 360*. The Offy 360* was the bridge the gap intake (essentially a single plane with a plenum divider), the Port-O-Sonic is a single plane with pretty large cross section runners (no plenum divider).
Port a sonic

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a sale or wanted thread either. LOL
Just checking u have to believe !!!!

IMG_2370.jpg

I have a LD340 intake on my 340.

I remember talking to an Edelbrock tech guy back when they first introduced the Performer RPM manifolds. He told me that Edelbrock seriously considered simply reintroducing the LD340 instead as they were pretty much comparable to the new release.

I certainly understand the advantages of the Air Gap models though. (Blocking the heat crossover plus using a 1” phenolic spacer is pretty important if you don’t have the Air Gap.)

the low deck M1 with dominator flange should be interesting for the B-stroker guys....nice!

Michael
Might wanna ask @AndyF about that. He has done some testing. I’m sure he can recommend what would be the best to use now. IIRC, the trick flow intake comes to mind. But I really don’t know.

-
Back