smaller master cylinder

-

tarvin890

tarvin890
Reaction score
has anyone found a small disc/drum master cylinder replacement for a body dart with BB and fenderwell headers?:banghead:

has anyone found a small disc/drum master cylinder replacement for a body dart with BB and fenderwell headers?:banghead:

Have you tired a Doctor Diff aluminum one? its a little smaller but not by much. what problems are you having?

its just bulky and in the way...have to unbolt and push to side to get at valve cover and back header bolt.... of which i just took apart to find i cant get the rear drivers header bolt to start/tighten due to gasket i suspect is slight misalgned...annoyance...

Mopar Performance makes(made) a offset mount.Maybe try Mancini.

oh i hear you on that. i am going to get one of those offset master cylinder kits for my car. also i will have to find out wear he got them, but my friend that has my old 71 duster, 440 and the 2 inch fender well headers got some steel beaded brake lines fro his master cylinder. he said its a dream now to pull the drivers side valve cover off. these replace the metal brake lines from the master cylinder to the porpoinal valve here is the master cylinder i was talking about

http://www.doctordiff.com/aluminum-master-cylinder-kit.html

here is the offset mastercylinder mount
http://arengineering.com/products/offset-mc-adapterhemi-a-body-2-stud-mc/

I used the offset adapter from Mancini's as well as a Wilwood master also bought from Mancini's. Only problem was modifying the brake light switch bracket to put the pushrod on the other side of the pedal assembly. No problems now.

Kenny B

Attachments

• IMG_1258.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 313
I used the offset adapter from Mancini's as well as a Wilwood master also bought from Mancini's. Only problem was modifying the brake light switch bracket to put the pushrod on the other side of the pedal assembly. No problems now.

Kenny B

Kenny do you have a pic of what you had to modify to get the pushrod to work on the other side? thanks Mopar65

doc diff said i can reuse old push rod.... seems like it would have to be longer to accomodate the flange adapter... but i guess he knows what he talking about...:farao:

Don't see the big problem, here is mine and I have no problem with the valve cover or header bolts. It is tight but with the right tools not that big of a deal.

Attachments

• 2014-04-01 09.02.05.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 274
Don't see the big problem, here is mine and I have no problem with the valve cover or header bolts. It is tight but with the right tools not that big of a deal.

i have large diameter upswept fenderwell headers...:violent1:
i also have a 400 not a 440

I have Indy 440-1 heads on my 69 440 dart. The 2" hookers were up against the master cylinder among other things. I simply lowered the engine in the chassis using 1/2" spacers on the k frame. Took about an hour and really helped a lot.

I have Indy 440-1 heads on my 69 440 dart. The 2" hookers were up against the master cylinder among other things. I simply lowered the engine in the chassis using 1/2" spacers on the k frame. Took about an hour and really helped a lot.

i have a motor plate.

I think someone already replied about turning the bolt around. The Wilwood master comes with a slightly longer pushrod to compensate for the addition of the offset block. Pedal height is the same as before the swap. If I'm not mistaken, the offset block is also manufactured by Wilwood. Only thing was I had to slightly modify was the little bracket that holds the brake light switch. Don't have any pics of it but if needed I could take some. Got lots of clearance for valve cover removal and the 2" TTI's are well away form the master as well.

Kenny B

Attachments

• IMG_1258.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 185
-
Back