Smart Phone Recommendations

-
Samsung Galaxy 3's seem to be the hot ticket. I decided to try a Motorola XT556 for my first smart phone. It is waterproof and has a Gorilla Glass screen so no scratches. It works well but is a smaller screen than the Galaxies.

Plan b is can be installed after you loose your phone, lookout or wheres my droid is what install before you loose your phone.

Good luck

Damn.........I wish I would have known this info last Thursday evening. As soon as I realized it was gone, I borrowed a friends phone & called it. It rang several times, then went to voicemail. All subsequent calls went immediately to voicemail, so I know whoever picked it up, turned it off. Battery was fully charged...blah, blah, blah. I ended up having it turned off by my cell provider that evening.....:crybaby:

I checked lost & found at the venue I was attending several times a day for the next few days, but no luck. There were a couple of nice looking cell phones turned in though.........lucky people!!

I'll be sure to install Plan B on my new phone. Thank you for the info and where the heck were you last Thrs.......:wink: You could have saved me a whole bunch of BS :salut:

iPhone is crap; every 3 months you either ship it back to crApple for screen replacement on your dime (screen not covered in warranty etc)

You can easily tell an iPhone's age by how broken the screen is;
If it's not broken, it is less than 2 weeks out of the box.
If there's a chip, it's less than 6 weeks out of the box.
If it's broken, it's 6wks or older.

Say what?!?!?!?! :wack:i have a iphone 4 had it about a year and a half now, it has been the best phone i have ever had, i have never had to go back to the store with it, i has been droped, on concreat, in water, in snow, had a red bull spilled on it. grat phone i will definitly buy another.
ask me about blackberry's and thay is a hold nother story, never never agian

MOTOROLA RAZR M - Absolutely love it. I had an iPhone 4 as a loaner for a little while and could have gotten it free, didn't really like it at all. Apple is so stinking and it didn't feel right in my hands. Dropped it several times. Have yet to drop my Razr M (Hope I didn't just jinx myself.) Droid is a fantastic OS and battery life is superb. It is lightweight and is one of the largest screens on the smallest phone, or maybe THE largest screen.....etc.

Don't like big phones, love the Razr M - AND the back of the phone is made of Kevlar, so I always keep it in my shirt pocket, over my heart! ;-)

Feal sorry for you. Someone liked mine more then me a few months back.
You're right the pictures, and personal info you lost is what really hurts.

I went with a kyocera thru boost mobil. unlimited everything $55.00 a month no contract and as long as I pay on time it drops 5 bucks every three months till it reaches $35.00 decent service. Like I said all inclusive no limit.

I also sprang for the $37.50 Otterbox Defender case for it. It adds a little bulk to the phone, but I don't want to have to spring for the $200 deductible that my company charges if we damage our phones.

I also put the Otterbox on mine from day one .......great investment.... mine just happens to be very close to Petty Blue in color....:glasses7:

C, go to ebay and look at Verizon smartphones. You can get one at a fraction of the cost from Verizon and you are not locked into a contract. I had a Commando which seemed to be a good durable phone but a smartphone just wasn't for me. It was too big for me to have on my side while running doziers and other equipment. I was always touching screen and doing things I didn't want it to do. I went back to a flip phone. I bought a Motorola Barrage for $38 about a year ago that has worked great for me. When my GF and I made the trip out there my Verizon had lots better service than her ATT. I like the idea of not being under contract, Joe

Say what?!?!?!?! :wack:i have a iphone 4 had it about a year and a half now, it has been the best phone i have ever had, i have never had to go back to the store with it, i has been droped, on concreat, in water, in snow, had a red bull spilled on it. grat phone i will definitly buy another.
ask me about blackberry's and thay is a hold nother story, never never agian

Agreed. Of all the smart phones I have had the iPhone has been head and shoulder superior for the way I use a phone.

I went from an iPhone, to an iPhone 3S, to a Droid (big mistake), then a Samsung (another big mistake), and now I have a iPhone 4S. Have never, not once, had an issue with any of my iPhones after nearly 5 years of owner ship.

Will be looking at a iPhone 5 this summer.

Ya'll can have my wife's,...She is oblivious to everything when she is one it,...goddam things goes off at all hours, day or night,...

My boss tried to give me one,...said It has GPS,...I'm the last guy in the shop who can read a map and not get lost,....I'd lose it on purpose,....or at least smash it with a BFH and soak it in a bucket of water...

In the end it's all just personal preference. I've NEVER had the doom n gloom experience that ceekay talked about. Like a sucker I've paid for the extended warranty through Apple on my last three IPhones, just in case something out of the ordinary happens to it. I haven't so much as had to call tech support let alone send it in to get fixed. I bought the AppleCare plans for the peace of mind, not because they were great deals.

So get what you can afford and what jumps out at you the most. If you want an IPhone, get the 4 or 4S. Those are at $99 bucks now. Much better than the $299 or $399 that the 5 is going for.

Jason

-
Back