Smith & Wesson model 1902 M&P

-

Giuseppe

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
Reaction score
Check out this Model 1902 Smith and Wesson M&P Target .38
This gun was carried by my Mom's Uncle for 40 something years. He was a cop in the town of Fairfax, Ca. Born in 1894. I know there's a few guys here who are into old guns, thought you might enjoy the pics. Ya you @Revhendo @Ottmundr & @mtandrews
20180315_164513.jpg
20180315_164405.jpg
20180315_164348.jpg

Last edited:
Man, that looks sweet. A lot of history there and I bet that trigger is smooth as glass.
I have a 1962 Colt Cobra that has a trigger pull that just brings a tear to my eye and a grin to my face. (Can't hit **** with it, though. It's me, not the gun.)

Man, that looks sweet. A lot of history there and I bet that trigger is smooth as glass.
I have a 1962 Colt Cobra that has a trigger pull that just brings a tear to my eye and a grin to my face. (Can't hit **** with it, though. It's me, not the gun.)
Colt Cobra is a BAD *** gun! Let me know if you get tired of it!

I have my dads service revolver he carried as a beat cop in Tampa Fl. in 1946. It's a Smith and Wesson 38 SPL snub nose. I wouldn't take a $1000.00 for it.

I have my dads service revolver he carried as a beat cop in Tampa Fl. in 1946. It's a Smith and Wesson 38 SPL snub nose. I wouldn't take a $1000.00 for it.
It's funny you mention THAT gun, Its exactly what I'm looking for right now. They're tough to find. I wouldn't sell that for anything if I were you.

It's funny you mention THAT gun, Its exactly what I'm looking for right now. They're tough to find. I wouldn't sell that for anything if I were you.
It's funny with the little 1" barrel, I can't Imagine it being accurate at all. Seems so puny to have been carried by a cop.

It's funny with the little 1" barrel, I can't Imagine it being accurate at all. Seems so puny to have been carried by a cop.
Yeah, those are tough to get accurate with. Was your dad eventually a Cheif or someone high up in the dept? I've heard the high ranking guys carried the snub nose guns. I know s&w started calling the snub J frame a 'cheif's special' in the early 50s!

Yeah, those are tough to get accurate with. Was your dad eventually a Cheif or someone high up in the dept? I've heard the high ranking guys carried the snub nose guns. I know s&w started calling the snub J frame a 'cheif's special' in the early 50s!
He retired as a Captain in 1971. Drew pension checks for 39 years before passing away in 2010.

If you ever have time, post some pics of your dad's gun, I'd love to see it! And WOW! 39 years of pension, he made the most of That! Great story.

This Merwin Hulbert made it's way to me (actually unknown it was going to show up) a few weeks ago.

.38 cal...circa 1870's.

Merwin Hulbert.jpg

This Merwin Hulbert made it's way to me (actually unknown it was going to show up) a few weeks ago.

.38 cal...circa 1870's.

View attachment 1715154085
No pics, but I`ve got an alum. 38 spl, that was made for bomber pilots to carry in world war 2 , -- 1 1/2" _barrel, 6 shot, and very accurate. Only one of two that I know about, but am sure their are probabaly 100`s.

I have my Pops Colt .45 he carried in Korea. He was in the Navy. You would have to pry that gun from my cold dead hand!

Jeff

I had a nickle plated S/W 38 Special. The damn thing was so worn out the cylinder wouldn't index properly and it spit lead with every squeeze of the trigger. I had it destroyed before someone got hurt!

the .45 I carried in the Marines was so worn out that the barrel would rattle in the holster. If my target was farther than 10 yds, I may as well have thrown this thing at him! I slung a 16 after I was issued that museum piece. I was assault, a "Rocket Man": SMAW, AT-4 or Dragon.

I have my Grandfathers S&W 38 that he had when he was a San Joaquin County, CA. Sherriff.

WOW, Seens like we have several historic gun stories and owners. Good stuff, I like reading firearms stories.

My Colt 45 WWII 1942. Love to go the range as it always gets attention. Still tight and nice shooter. I do not have a story to go with it, but the family I got it from does.

Guess I should have said # matching 1942 M1911A1.

FAB79B57-AD2B-40F2-91DA-39624F0DE873.jpeg

Last edited:
-
Back