Smokes

-
I have read somewhere that it is six times more addictive than cocaine. That's crazy.

I quit at $4.50 a carton for Marlboro's, so figure out how long ago that was. However that was at the PX in Southeast Asia. ;-)

That was so long ago, maybe I got the numbers wrong:wack:

I still have the nasty habit......Have quit a few times, up to a year, but ended up breaking down after gaining 30lbs. I know I need to stop and one day soon, I hope too. Since the wife had a partial lung removal in January, you'd think it would be easy........well, it's not. The last few years I did Doral's @ $48.00 a carton. Decided to go to Bailey's out of Va. for $31.99. Figured they would taste nasty and help me quit.....wrong. The're better then the Doral's. With all the stress of her surgery, chemo, rehab and the money issues, they actually keep me from putting a bullet thru my head. I'm down to less then a pack a day now, and I hope i'll get down to zero real soon.

That bottled water is not cheap either. I figured it at about $16 per gallon a while back. I pack my own in a thermos jug.

It is out of control. Years ago some of the "Natural Spring Water" used to say treated by reverse osmosis. We have a reverse osmosis system in the house so the only time we drink bottled water is when we are out.

I buy bottled, LOL, about 4 times a year --to get the BOTTLE. I buy the heaviest looking/ feeling bottle I can find. I'm sure people think I'm nuts --squeezing the bottles to see if they're "ripe," LOL

When it's MT it gets tap water, which ain't that bad around here most of the year.

Two months ago wednesday the 5th without a smoke and still counting. you gotta try guys, its not easy but you can do it.

5 bucks a pack sh?+t We pay anywhere between 14-18 dollars a pack of 25s depending where you go.Ive stopped about 18 months ago,i know its hard but the money i save i use it for the Dart fund!!

I still have the nasty habit......Have quit a few times, up to a year, but ended up breaking down after gaining 30lbs. I know I need to stop and one day soon, I hope too. Since the wife had a partial lung removal in January, you'd think it would be easy........well, it's not. The last few years I did Doral's @ $48.00 a carton. Decided to go to Bailey's out of Va. for $31.99. Figured they would taste nasty and help me quit.....wrong. The're better then the Doral's. With all the stress of her surgery, chemo, rehab and the money issues, they actually keep me from putting a bullet thru my head. I'm down to less then a pack a day now, and I hope i'll get down to zero real soon.

I hear ya, Rick.

There are worse ways of dealing with the stress and not everyone can deal with such a high stress situation as what you're going through.

I think my worst period was 3-4 packs a day.

Down to around 2 packs a day now. Still dwindling it down from there.

Went for a physical back in December. Doctor was more concerned about me losing weight than quitting smoking. His thoughts were that if the smokes helped me in a high stress situation rather than turning to other things, then so be it.

I buy bottled, LOL, about 4 times a year --to get the BOTTLE. I buy the heaviest looking/ feeling bottle I can find. I'm sure people think I'm nuts --squeezing the bottles to see if they're "ripe," LOL

When it's MT it gets tap water, which ain't that bad around here most of the year.

Get "sparkling water" bottles. They're way thick.

I pay 1.45 a pouch. I only buy natural rolling tobacco. Yes there are stems and stuff in it but no additives. One pouch last me a week. I still plan on quitting but at least I'm cheap and some what healthier lol

About 5 bucks a pack here and 48 bucks for a carton. I average less than a pack a day during the week, a pack a day on the weekends. I probably smoke the same on the weekends but my friends/neighbors drop by the shop on the weekend and snarf my smokes... They usually bring beer or a pint whiskey, so it all evens out in the end. :)

Two months ago wednesday the 5th without a smoke and still counting. you gotta try guys, its not easy but you can do it.

Congratulations.......from what I have been told quitting is the easy part.....sticking to it is not....

Heart Attacks will make you quit cold turkey! Ask me how I know :D:D

My father quit cold turkey after a heart attack at the age of 50. Sadly I wish my mother and I would have followed suit. My mother was diagnosed with stage 4 small cell lung cancer 2 months ago. We had to bury her yesterday.

I have been smoking since the age of 10. Started when the Air Force sent us to Turkey. I could buy them myself at any store there at that age. I have smoked ever since. I was at 2 packs a day when my mother was diagnosed, I am at half a pack now and struggling with actually quitting. I know I can do it, but don't have it in me to do it cold turkey like my father did.

The expense alone should be enough to make me quit, we used to smoke Marlboros and 3 of us in the house went thru 4 cartons a week for awhile. We switched to the cheaper Pall Malls before my mother got sick. Even with the cheaper smoke it was costing us 151.00 per week. I used to ***** about the high cost and I still don't think it is right for them to tax them soo much, but on the flip side I hope it helps give folks another reason to try and quit.

I bought cigs for 2.00 a carton when I was in the Navy it was to cheap not to smoke..:)...my daughters smoke..most young people in their 20-30 group smoke..guess all the money the government spent telling the evils of smoking didn't work...surprise.

It is out of control. Years ago some of the "Natural Spring Water" used to say treated by reverse osmosis. We have a reverse osmosis system in the house so the only time we drink bottled water is when we are out.

Maybe so but don't you wish you were the nerd sittin around in school in the early 80s thinkin about sellin bottled water?

We buy the 6 packs of Smart Water and use them to refill for when I am on the treadmill and elliptical.

I buy gallon jugs to drink while I work...I filter tap water at home. Having used well water most of my life, the overpowering chlorine taste in most municipal water actually makes me retch.

My father quit cold turkey after a heart attack at the age of 50. Sadly I wish my mother and I would have followed suit. My mother was diagnosed with stage 4 small cell lung cancer 2 months ago. We had to bury her yesterday.

I have been smoking since the age of 10. Started when the Air Force sent us to Turkey. I could buy them myself at any store there at that age. I have smoked ever since. I was at 2 packs a day when my mother was diagnosed, I am at half a pack now and struggling with actually quitting. I know I can do it, but don't have it in me to do it cold turkey like my father did.

The expense alone should be enough to make me quit, we used to smoke Marlboros and 3 of us in the house went thru 4 cartons a week for awhile. We switched to the cheaper Pall Malls before my mother got sick. Even with the cheaper smoke it was costing us 151.00 per week. I used to ***** about the high cost and I still don't think it is right for them to tax them soo much, but on the flip side I hope it helps give folks another reason to try and quit.

Sorry about your Mother

-
Back